Town Heads Addicts. Page 2

LOL. You are lurrrrvely. So you are not a fan of Little Britain or Catherine Tate or the Fast show then?

They take a character and make them over the top. Maybe you should show me how it is done?
*waiting*

Quote: charley rance @ June 1, 2007, 5:50 PM

LOL. You are lurrrrvely. So you are not a fan of Little Britain or Catherine Tate or the Fast show then?

They take a character and make them over the top. Maybe you should show me how it is done?
*waiting*

Your ad hominem argument is wearing.
Your writing is not of the same standard as even the poorest sketches on the above mentioned shows.
I truly mean no offence, but your defensive reponsives suggest you are not truly open to criticism. I have no wish to get into a spat with you.

Best Wishes

I am. I apreciate your opinions thankyou. Now as someone who has became a member today, as an excuse to give your opinions to me, I am very apreciative. Thankyou kindly. Now go and write your sketch to show me how it is done, so that I may learn from your wise words and incredible talent.

xxx

Quote:
ad hominem
consists of replying to an argument
or factual claim by attacking or appealing to the person making the
argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the
argument or producing evidence against the claim. It is most commonly
used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad
personam, which consists of criticizing or personally attacking an
argument's proponent in an attempt to discredit that argument.

I'll be your friendly neighbourhood Dictionary.

Alan none of us are professionals here so comparing work to that of
professionals is unfair, I have criticised Charleys work and she has always been very responsive and replies to the
criticism is a positive way.

The purpose of this forum in my
view is to support each other and give honest feedback but there is a
way of saying things as we all know text talk can be misread.

Quote: charley rance @ June 1, 2007, 6:01 PM

I am. I apreciate your opinions thankyou. Now as someone who has became a member today, as an excuse to give your opinions to me, I am very apreciative. Thankyou kindly. Now go and write your sketch to show me how it is done, so that I may learn from your wise words and incredible talent.

xxx

I hope you'll understand that I don't wish to post any of my material on here. I was simply trying to offer some advice as a professional writer.

Best wishes with your project, should you decide to continue with it.

LOL. As if your comments Sir would force me to delete hours of work. I had a feeling that your material would not make it on here.

However I thank you for your honesty. Now if you dont mind i am terribly bored and wish to do something more constructive with my time, like take a leak, have a pooh, pick my nose or indeed scratch my bottom.

Quote: Gavin @ June 1, 2007, 6:05 PM

I'll be your friendly neighbourhood Dictionary.

Alan none of us are professionals here so comparing work to that of
professionals is unfair, I have criticised Charleys work and she has always been very responsive and replies to the
criticism is a positive way.

The purpose of this forum in my
view is to support each other and give honest feedback but there is a
way of saying things as we all know text talk can be misread.

Hi there,

In fairness, it was Charley who raised the names of those professionally written programmes.

Best Wishes

Quote: charley rance @ June 1, 2007, 6:10 PM

LOL. As if your comments Sir would force me to delete hours of work. I had a feeling that your material would not make it on here.

However I thank you for your honesty. Now if you dont mind i am terribly bored and wish to do something more constructive with my time, like take a leak, have a pooh, pick my nose or indeed scratch my bottom.

Well, of course it is important to have faith in one's work.
Sometimes, however, that faith is misguided.
As I said, I hope you will understand my desire not to post my material here. I simply wanted to offer some advice from a writer's perspective.
It was not my intention to offend.

Best Wishes

You are an Argumentative toad. I was merely asking if you are a fan of them. You were the one who compared my work.

Look I know who you are and this is a site for people who really are interested in sitcoms and showing a little about what they themselves can do. Not for vendettas. It is not fair on the other users who use this site.

There are other ways. You are clever enough to know that. Use one of them. Not this site.

Quote: charley rance @ June 1, 2007, 6:22 PM

You are an Argumentative toad. I was merely asking if you are a fan of them?

Look I know who you are and this is a site for people who really are interested in sitcoms and showing a little about what they themselves can do. Not for vendettas. It is not fair on the other users who use this site.

There are other ways. You are clever enough to know that. Use one of them. Not this site.

There's really no need to be abusive. I am truly sorry that I did not like your writing.
I would be quite astonished if you knew who I was, since I have just joined this forum today.
I really was trying to offer some advice from a writer's perspective.
It does seem rather pointless to offer up writing for criticism only to react in such a hysterical way to valid points.

Again, good luck with your project. Perhaps, when you have calmed down, you will take on board the points I raised about character, dialogue and believability.

Best Wishes

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooored!

Right I appreciate all the feedback peeps. I am glad some of you liked it and I am sorry a few did not. Thanks for taking time out to read my sketch & for all your comments. I will take them all on board.
Thanks again.

Here endeth this post.

Quote: charley rance @ June 1, 2007, 6:30 PM

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooored!

Good luck with your writing career.

Thanks.
Bye now. Cheerio, Chou, toodle loo, see ya would'nt wanna be ya' Tara, catch you later, laters, good bye my friend. xxx

What the fudge was all that about?

Some person who has kindly been reading through all my sketches. After the 3rd or 4th he decided he didnt like them lol. I dont mind. He cared enough to comment. I like being cared for so thats a bonus. I think he fancies me. I told him to go have a rub in the tub and it has all gone quiet now so maybe he has taken my advice.

In a nutshell he/they/she were offering an opinion. They dont like my stuff, thats fair enough.

If you think it's someone's alias, ask old Aaron to check the IP Address, I think that's how it works?