What are you listening to now? Page 1,315

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th August 2018, 1:09 PM

very overrated

MASSIVELY overrated. Overrated doesn't mean crap - it just means there's an abyss betweeen reputation and product (à la Salinger, New Order).

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th August 2018, 1:09 PM

Would have been better too if they had included penny lane and strawberry fields

Wasn't it the first album that had the lyrics printed on the sleeve?

Rubber soul and revolver are definitely better

Oh and 'leaving home' is tedious and mind bendingly dull!

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
No.
Rubber Soul was never a favourite either - like Pepper, it marked an important step in their development, but the individual tracks... What Goes On is horrible. Still, I just picked it up again and enjoyed it more than I remembered. Must be getting old.

What surprises me is the stick abbey road and let it be get

I only picked them up in the last year or so as I've always avoided them

and I think they're both great

I was led to believe they had started scraping the barrel

I guess a band of that calibre simply wasn't capable of making a duff album

Abbey Road is awesome. Let It Be less so, but some of their best tracks in there too.
I'm amazed how productive they were. Bands these days take three years to make an album, and it's still crap.
One of my favourite Lennon stories is when he wrote 'I'm The Greatest' he wasn't mucking about - he genuinely thought he was the coolest guy in the world, and history was bearing him out (this was before the Spice Girls). The problem was that if he got upon stage and went, 'I'm the Greatest' it'd be unbearable: 'So I gave it to Ringo. People would think it was a joke.'

Paul Anka - Smells like teen spirit

I think we've been through this before but I agree entirely about Sgt Pepper. Loads more complete Beatles albums than that.

Usher - Pumped Up Kicks in the Radio 1 Live Lounge

Chris Evans Breakfast Show because my DAB Radio is screwed and I can't get to tune in to anything else. He talks all over the bloody records. Does he think it's all about him?

Yes.

Yes he does.

It is a morning show though so the idea is to be bouncy and keep people awake and I think Chris Evens is the best on offer, He's a likable and honest chap and if you're like me and remember him from the Big Breakfast and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush days there is the nostalgia of that. Who else saw Big Breakfast the week Chris Evans was on holiday and Take That hosted it? They were bloody hilarious and Robbie Williams was the funniest of them all.

I have a rule that I switch over to either Gold or Radio 4 Extra each morning at the first mention of "Carfest" by Chris Evans. So I only get to listen to him for 5 minutes maximum.

I listen to five live in the morning

Nicky Campbell

Why?

No idea

He is absolutely DREADFUL

Insufferable prat

Never heard a 'dj' that talks so much complete and utter bollocks

My radio alarm goes off at 06:30 and I usually get Vanessa Feltz saying her goodbyes - then Chris Evans.
But I do like it when he blobs and Sara Cox is on instead... a much nicer voice to be gently stirred to.

Is that what they call it in Yorkshire then Steve , or Woodn't thy know ?

Manic street preachers - judge yr'self

some get all hot and bothered about the Spice Girls but for me it's PJHarvey.

https://youtu.be/_m2NyS3IDjE

A place called home.