What are you listening to now? Page 1,311

Tried but it still seems to be wrong.
Anyway another of my recent purchases was a Gordon Lightfoot album. I do like his voice. "Sundown."

Ramones - Danny says

Really like Girlfriend by Christine And The Queens and the video is interesting. The way the bass kicks in really kicks backside. I thought it was HAIM when I first heard it on la radio.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th June 2018, 7:55 PM

Really like Girlfriend by Christine And The Queens and the video is interesting. The way the bass kicks in really kicks backside. I thought it was HAIM when I first heard it on la radio.

Yeah, good stuff! Their set for "The Biggest Weekend" is also worth catching, before it gets taken down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/efj3v2/play/p0688w1h/p066d6cy

Quote: George Kaplan @ 20th June 2018, 8:57 PM

Yeah, good stuff! Their set for "The Biggest Weekend" is also worth catching, before it gets taken down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/efj3v2/play/p0688w1h/p066d6cy

Cheers for the link it's asking me to sign in to watch it so I'll join up. When you say before it gets taken down do you mean they put up videos for a limited time so it wont be on there forever?

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th June 2018, 11:37 PM

Cheers for the link it's asking me to sign in to watch it so I'll join up. When you say before it gets taken down do you mean they put up videos for a limited time so it wont be on there forever?

Yeah, usually for festival footage it's the same as iPlayer, 28 days. BBC2/4 showed their set later as well, I think, though might be a slightly edited/reduced version, but it should be on iPlayer itself too, if that's easier?

Gaz Coombes - Walk The Walk (Official Video)

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th June 2018, 7:55 PM

If you fancy something that sounds like HAIM, try this -

The Preatures - Somebody's Talking

Not NOW but earlier this morning I listened to bits and pieces of a very interesting 3 hour documentary on BBC Radio 4 Extra called "A Taste of Funny" about comedy during the middle of the last century. Primarily talking to Dennis Norden. Well worth catching up on.

Overheard: I punched Damon Albarn in the face once. - Why? - Because he's Damon Albarn.

Once??

Ramones- It's Alive

Great great live album

But after they hammer their way through song after song in about 60 seconds flat without pausing for breath you feel quite exhausted

1-2-3-4!

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th June 2018, 9:21 PM

Ramones- It's Alive

Great great live album

But after they hammer their way through song after song in about 60 seconds flat without pausing for breath you feel quite exhausted

1-2-3-4!

Ever get a chance to see them? I saw them at a little place in Florida in 1983 (35 years ago tomorrow) and I saw them at the same venue on their farewell tour. They played less than an hour, but we definitely got to hear a lot of songs.

Me? Nah!

*jealous* :)

83- Would that have been Marky on drums?

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th June 2018, 9:50 PM

83- Would that have been Marky on drums?

It was Richie. He'd replaced Marky a few months earlier.

Here are photos I took with a crappy Disc camera:

Awesome!

Thanks for posting them fella

Hancock's half hour - the wild man of the woods

On 4 extra

Yay!!!