What are you listening to now? Page 1,319

Muse cover Hot Butter's Popcorn

Quote: George Kaplan @ 31st August 2018, 1:23 PM

NTR Stage: Lavinia Meijer plays Metamorphosis by Philip Glass on the harp

I love it and the video showing the different coloured strings is interesting because that must be something to do with notation. I've never seen a more intimate harp video. A mate from school who was a whizz on the piano moved to America when he was about 20 to study piano and harp.

Chopin's Harp Study always makes me stop what I'm doing and enter a awe induced trance.

I think Chopin looks like a 70s David Frost in this picture. It's hard not to think of the line "who lives in a house like this?".

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th September 2018, 9:45 PM

I think Chopin looks like a 70s David Frost in this picture. It's hard not to think of the line "who lives in a house like this?".

Or even:

Ha!

I had that poster on my wall in the early nineties

(The Mondays one!)

"And you and I" by Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman live on the new album 50th Anniversary live at the Apollo.

What do you call a baldie on a horse? Shorn Rider.

Ha! His brother goes by the nickname Horse

I got one ha! That's three more than usual.
What do you call a biro at the hairdresser's? Sean Penn.
Watched Iggy Pop live on DVD. He makes Mick Jagger look like Emma Bunton.

Just got hold of the beastie boys anthology

The Simon Mayo show on Radio 2 has been ruined now he has the co-presenter Jo Whiley. I like Jo and she has a music and radio CV as long as my manhood but there is zero chemistry. He had people around him before but it was his show so now Jo is on the billing and they are co-presenters it doesn't work. When they try to be funny together it falls flat. It feels like Simon is too restricted now and has lost his humourous flair.

Really she has no character. She's just another bland blonde.

Desert Sessions (Josh Homme & PJ Harvey) - I Wanna Make It Wit Chu

Beatles for Sale, and it's their worst by a c**ty mile. Even they were starting to feel the pressure of two years' frenetic work: they look physically tired on the cover, and the title says it all. Heavily reliant on covers, and the newbies seem to have been knocked off on a Monday afternoon. I'll Follow The Sun is good, but Baby's In Black sounds like a nursery rhyme. B -. MUST try harder.
Even I had to laugh at the FB comment, ''Spice' is the greatest album ever made.' Bollocks! It's 'Spiceworld'.

Manics - Motown junk

Dexys midnight runners - don't stand me down (directors cut)