What are you listening to now? Page 1,281

Beware of the flowers cos I'm sure they're gonna get you - yeah by You Know Who!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIymBH7VvGg

Not half, not some, but all my cash.

the B-52's - Paperback Writer

feat. Pan's People doing one of their naffest routines. :)

:D Some of their routines on Top Of The Pops were mesmerising.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 19th June 2017, 9:56 PM

:D Some of their routines on Top Of The Pops were mesmerising.

:D Down, Fido, down!

Laughing out loud My jaw is hurting from watching that lol I can hear Paul Whitehouse saying "sod this, anyone fancy a pint?" as the dog leaves. That could have gone so wrong but the other four were real pros. How the hell did they get them to stay still like that? At first I was thinking they could be pets of the troupe or TOTP team but they must be pros to be so well behaved for so long.

I might have posted this before but it never hurts to be reminded of it and I remember the day it was released. That mass of hair on Kate Pierson makes me want to dive in. You could build your own mancave in that.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 19th June 2017, 10:49 PM

I might have posted this before but it never hurts to be reminded of it and I remember the day it was released. That mass of hair on Kate Pierson makes me want to dive in. You could build your own mancave in that.

:D

lorra love for B-52's around here - Chappers, Gordon, Radish et al.

Dude's put together a nice vid for this one -

the B-52's - Dancing Now

One of Peter Griffin's favourites!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDZy6-fMCw4

The B-52's and Joan Jett opened up for The Who the the first time I saw them in 1982. Joan had a big hit at the time, but she barely survived the drunken stadium crowd. The B-52's played next and they were pelted with bottles and cups and shoes and walked off after about 20 minutes.

Quote: DaButt @ 20th June 2017, 8:22 PM

The B-52's and Joan Jett opened up for The Who the the first time I saw them in 1982. Joan had a big hit at the time, but she barely survived the drunken stadium crowd. The B-52's played next and they were pelted with bottles and cups and shoes and walked off after about 20 minutes.

That's an American Who audience. You wouldn't get that here. And what about the shoes? What sizes and styles? Pairs or odd ones?

Mostly flip-flops

Quote: DaButt @ 20th June 2017, 8:22 PM

I can see Joan Jett being a warm up act for The Who but not B-52s and definitely not after Joan Jett.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 21st June 2017, 8:50 PM

I can see Joan Jett being a warm up act for The Who but not B-52s and definitely not after Joan Jett.

It was very weird and anyone with half a brain should have realized that 60,000 drunk/high southern rockers would have no interest in a quirky band that they'd never heard of after baking in the sun for 6 hours.

Joan was pretty cool. Coincidentally, she also opened for the very last Who concert I saw, two years ago in Austin.

The oddest pairing I've ever seen was Social Distortion and Sonic Youth opening for Neil Young in Tampa in 1991. The Gulf War was kicking off and a bunch of older southern rockers just wanted to hear some classic Neil Young tunes (despite the faux angst over Lynyrd Skynyrd and "Southern Man") so their heads exploded when heavily tattooed Social D played (tattoos were still a couple of years off) and Sonic Youth's walls of noise had most of the house scratching their heads. I loved every minute of SY's set and they became one of my favorite bands.

A few months later Nirvana turned rock and roll on its head and things got exciting for a few years.

The Best Of Cameo. I'm in my funk/soul mode.

I hope you've strapped on Cameo's famous red codpiece, to help with your funk.

The new George Ezra "Don't Matter Now" is so upbeat, loving it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM5mM-QDg24