What are you listening to now? Page 1,280

I'm convinced the 'angel' doing the backing vocals is Steven O'Donnell better known as the very un-angelic Spudgun from Bottom. I can't find anything that links them and confirms it though so not sure if it's just someone who looks like him.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th June 2017, 11:10 PM

I'm convinced the 'angel' doing the backing vocals is Steven O'Donnell better known as the very un-angelic Spudgun from Bottom. I can't find anything that links them and confirms it though so not sure if it's just someone who looks like him.

The chubby eunuch with hair like mine? Now that you mentioned it I can see the similarity. The video is from 1985 so the person in the video must have been about the same age as O'Donnell. As you said, Google would confirm it if it really was him, but good call anyway!

Quote: Chappers @ 8th June 2017, 8:35 PM

I am mostly listening to Keys to Ascension by Yes. Not played this in years.

Needless to say, I have Keys as well. The live performances are immaculate but I like the studio tracks on both volumes too.

"Cavaliers" a Cockney Rebel anthology.

I was having a bit of a turn out the other day and was tempted to give this away but changed my mind at the last moment. So pleased I hadn't.

Quote: Chappers @ 10th June 2017, 4:58 PM

"Cavaliers" a Cockney Rebel anthology.

I was having a bit of a turn out the other day and was tempted to give this away but changed my mind at the last moment. So pleased I hadn't.

If you're talking about the 4 disc comp then Ihave this too.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 9th June 2017, 9:19 PM

The chubby eunuch with hair like mine?

:D yep they are similar but his hair is too short for that Golden Girls look.

I've done some more investigating in my impromptu detective agency and noticed all the main features like eye colour, nose, lips, ear lobes and eye brows are the same as recent pictures of Steven. It has to be him but I don't understand why it's not documented anywhere.

Sinéad O'Connor & Imelda May - Every Night About This Time

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th June 2017, 11:10 PM

What's Annie Lennox's favourite letter? Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 10th June 2017, 7:46 PM

If you're talking about the 4 disc comp then Ihave this too.

Yes!

Right. Don't laugh!

I am at this moment listening to the LP Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard and the Shadows. I just bought it for £1.50 from a charity shop. It looked a bit well-used but so far apart from a few crackles it sounds fine.

Josephine Baker - Sailor

I discovered Sailor quite recently. How could I ignore them for so long, I think they're amazing!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th June 2017, 7:00 PM

Josephine Baker - Sailor

I discovered Sailor quite recently. How could I ignore them for so long, I think they're amazing!

I think you deserve a glass of Sham-pain!

Quote: Chappers @ 14th June 2017, 11:08 PM

Quote: George Kaplan @ 12th June 2017, 7:41 PM

Sinéad O'Connor & Imelda May - Every Night About This Time

Fantastic, from the heart performance and Sinead O'Connor is a very attractive woman with those dimples and disarming smile. I just wish she grew her hair long. Selfish of me I know.

Dolores Keane and other big nobs in Irish music and Even Sharon Shannon who is sitting on the stool gives an open-jaw look at the start. Dolores is the voice of Ireland and this is a very uplifting song.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th June 2017, 11:08 PM

Seriously, I urge everyone to get their Greatest Hits album.

I remember their hits but surprised they'd made so many records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailor_(band)

The Killers have just released a new single, it's funky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfedYa_JovE