What are you listening to now? Page 1,286

Quote: Chappers @ 26th October 2017, 8:38 PM

There's a Tears for Fears in concert on Radio 2 right now. Mad World playing.

I saw them with Hall & Oates a couple of months ago. They were pretty good.

I'm currently listening to a police helicopter that's been circling my neighborhood for 20 minutes.

Quote: DaButt @ 26th October 2017, 8:54 PM

I saw them with Hall & Oates a couple of months ago. They were pretty good.

I'm currently listening to a police helicopter that's been circling my neighborhood for 20 minutes.

Probably something to do with all the guns.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th October 2017, 9:14 PM

Probably something to do with all the guns.

They'd need more than one helicopter to haul all the guns out of my neighborhood. There are 1100 houses, so that's probably 5000 firearms or more. (Most of the homes have at least one large gun safe in the garage.)

Laura Nyro - Time And Love: The Essential Masters

Fantastic! Like discovering previous unreleased Carol King songs.

I think George Kaplan drew my attention to her by posting her version of an Elton John song some time ago. Haven't heard of her before that. Thank you!

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th October 2017, 12:10 PM

I think George Kaplan drew my attention to her by posting her version of an Elton John song some time ago. Haven't heard of her before that. Thank you!

Not me, guv. :)

Chappers was the most recent person to mention her, though over two years ago.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st August 2015, 8:56 PM

Stoned soul picnic - Laura Nyro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1CfSgsvqJE

Quote: George Kaplan @ 28th October 2017, 1:31 PM

Not me, guv. :)

Chappers was the most recent person to mention her, though over two years ago.

Thanks Chappers!

Joey Ramones excellent solo album , Don't Worry About Me

I'm listening to the Billboard Top 100 Songs of 1977. I'm assuming that the UK charts were full of punk rock that year? Not so much over here...

Robbie Williams, I love my life... Robbie is a multi-millionaire, internationally adored superstar with more fans than the equator, more drugs than Jimi Hendrix and a 'have-done' list that allegedly includes 60 - 80% of the Spice Girls. He probably does like his life.

Quote: DaButt @ 29th October 2017, 1:01 AM

I'm listening to the Billboard Top 100 Songs of 1977. I'm assuming that the UK charts were full of punk rock that year? Not so much over here...

Yes

Mixed with ABBA and david Soul and Brotherhead of Man

Different times!

I heard these while drifting off to Classic FM and slept like a pissed up log after a kebab.

Stuart Mitchell - Mausoleum at Halicarnassus from his Seven Wonders Suite (had never heard it until last night)

Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2 Mov. 2

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 28th October 2017, 12:10 PM

I loved Laura Nyro. She wrote some bloody good songs covered by Blood. Sweat and Tears and the Fifth Dimension.

Lesley Duncan wrote Love Song which appeared on one of Elton' early albums. Tumbleweed Connection I think or Honky Chateau.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 29th October 2017, 8:26 PM

Rachmaninov Piano Concerto No. 2 Mov. 2

Ah lovely I think I'll listen to this all by myself.
Huh? Hello? Suit yourselves.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th October 2017, 9:49 PM

Lesley Duncan wrote Love Song which appeared on one of Elton' early albums. Tumbleweed Connection I think or Honky Chateau.

Ah yes, I must have confused the two of them. It was Love Song from Tumbleweed. Reminds me of checking out Lesley Duncan as well!

The Spice Girls had great songs but didn't write them alone. If you look at the credits to each Spice Girls song - you need a f**king hobby.