Christmas 2010

The BBC has announced its Christmas comedy line-up. It feels like less new stuff than last year, but certainly some treats to look forward to: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000407/bbc_christmas_2010_schedule/

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how Come Fly With Me turns out, plus the Eric & Ernie drama, and all-star sketch show The One Ronnie.

What do you think?

Nothing special, same old stuff. Underwhelmed.

I'll watch The Royle Family and Shooting Stars. That's about it.

Most of that looks pretty good to me!
Been waiting for Just William for aaages.
Dirk Gently and Accidental Farmer look interesting too.
And obviously The One Ronnie, Shooting Stars and Miranda.

No Outnumbered Christmas Special though? :(
That would have been good.

Nothing on the list appeals. If I had to watch one, I'd probably opt for Little Britain Airport.

Nothing leaps out. Eric and Ernie might be quite interesting. And maybe Dirk Gently too, although I'm not a huge fan of Douglas Adams. Probably Shooting Stars is the most guaranteed to generate laughs with me.

Overall, poor.

Genuinely surprised (and disappointed) to see no Stephen K Amos Christmas special.

Oh my lordy, that is quite poor, yes. And they've missed some tricks in simple scheduling, yet again!! They are so crap at scheduling!!! They should have held back The Trip to run six nights from Christmas to new year, that would have been perfect!

Also don't they have the rights anymore for old Christmas specials of sitcoms, like OFAH and Some Mothers etc? If they can't make new Christmas specials then show some of the old classics, I'll watch them!

And was it asking too much to make a Rev Christmas special?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ November 22 2010, 7:58 PM GMT

Oooh, that would have been brilliant.

Religion? At Christmas? It. Just. Might. Work...

Would have been nice, but I can't think of many sitcoms (in recent years) which have been given a Christmas special in the same year as their first series. As the second series of Rev wasn't commissioned until less than a few months ago - and given the fact that Christmas shows are usually filmed months before (usually in conjunction with a normal series production), I don't see that they would have had the time to write and produce a special at such short notice. Least of all because it would have also meant hurriedly rescheduling actors' diaries as well.

Maybe next year?

What's Channel 4 got to offer this year?

Quote: chipolata @ November 23 2010, 10:10 AM GMT

What's Channel 4 got to offer this year?

Frankie Boyle's show will run through December. Peep Show lands on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, and they've got special Father Ted and Peep Show evenings, with new documentaries about the shows.

Quote: Mark @ November 23 2010, 6:58 PM GMT

Frankie Boyle's show will run through December. Peep Show lands on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, and they've got special Father Ted and Peep Show evenings, with new documentaries about the shows.

Channel 4 for the win.

Also don't they have the rights anymore for old Christmas specials of sitcoms, like OFAH and Some Mothers etc?

They're all BBC programmes, so yes they own the rights. However, the BBC don't like to put 'nostalgia' programming on their own-branded channels.

Apparently.