Christmas 2010 Page 3

I'm looking forward to plenty of stuff - but, whilst I haven't yet had time to go over the schedules and actually work out comprehensively what's on, much like Tim there's nothing I have seen that I'm really desperate to see. Certainly quite a few things I'm looking forward to, but massively excited ... eh, not so much.

Ronnie Corbett night tonight on BBC Two. Should be fun.

Charlie Brooker tonight. Finally a 2010 Christmas show I can get excited about.

Quote: chipolata @ December 27 2010, 5:40 PM GMT

Charlie Brooker tonight. Finally a 2010 Christmas show I can get excited about.

Very funny. And I loved Barry Shitpeas interjections too. Hope we get a new Wipe series soon.

Quote: chipolata @ December 27 2010, 11:15 PM GMT

Very funny.

It was, apart from Stanhope and Shitpeas. Too much Shitpeas.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 27 2010, 11:25 PM GMT

It was, apart from Stanhope and Shitpeas. Too much Shitpeas.

I've never warmed to Shitpeas before but I thought he was great tonight. Especially on Daybreak.

He made a few good points, but nothing that couldn't have been said equally (or more) amusingly and far quicker by Charlie himself.

Quote: Aaron @ December 28 2010, 12:11 AM GMT

He made a few good points, but nothing that couldn't have been said equally (or more) amusingly and far quicker by Charlie himself.

Possibly. But Shitpeas serves a dual purpose: he allows Brooker to make valid points about things, whilst having a sideswipe at the sort of barely coherent morons who pop up on all these list/round-up shows.

I enjoyed Stanhope, perhaps because I like his stand up, but the guy with the bandages on his hands was excruciating to watch.

They were nothing special but I enjoyed the Rob Brydon, Buzzcocks, Shooting Stars treble tonight. Couldn't help feeling they'd have worked better last week, though. Christmas specials after Christmas Day always feel slightly out of date.

The only good things were Peep Show and Upstairs Downstairs. Everything else was horse shit.

Television wise I found this year very disappointing. The only thing I enjoyed was Peep Show. Hopefully things will get better next year or I might have to resort to spending time with my family instead.

Nooooo!

Peep Show wasn't really a Christmas special, more a normal episode that happened to be set at Christmas.

Quote: chipolata @ January 1 2011, 6:40 PM GMT

Peep Show wasn't really a Christmas special, more a normal episode that happened to be set at Christmas.

It was more "special" than their New Years Eve special. I thought that was really grasping a straws.