Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 24 Page 3

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ November 1 2010, 1:30 PM BST

Sadly, this has been refuted by Stu Mather, the show's Producer.

The Radio Times preview says: "For much of the show, it's essentially Jack Dee versus Jedward - and cryingly funny"

I think what the show has been missing is its biting edge and slight sense of 'ohh, can they really say that?'. Sounds like Dee could be the one to restore it with lines like this (describing Jedward): "The greatest musical collaboration since Lennon met Chapman".

But I never met Lennon.

Oh yes - that one.

Quote: Mark @ November 2 2010, 1:56 AM BST

Sounds like Dee could be the one to restore it with lines like this (describing Jedward): "The greatest musical collaboration since Lennon met Chapman".

That is a good line. :D

So it's based on old people laughing at young peoples' music? ...I'm all for that.

Never Mind the Buzzcocks is consistently excellent entertainment, and not just 'cause ten years ago they had Melanie C looking incredibly gorgeous. The footage's fascinating, the gags are high quality, and the panelists are witty and informed. Good stuff all round.

Witty and informed is a bit generous. Or are you not including the learning disabilities guests?

Naa Naaa naaaiiii.

Well I haven't seen some of the episodes. And maybe I'm still stunned by Melanie C. But in my experience it was always a good show.

It's a great show, but they don't 'alf have some f**ktards on there :D

Apparently Noel Fielding has attacked Amstell for being mean to contestants and so 'ruining' the show. Erm, didn't Lamarr do exactly the same thing for about ten years on that show? Isn't that also half the reason most people even watched it?

I hate it when people attach other people, we're not Transformers!

Whistling nnocently

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 4 2010, 12:43 PM GMT

Apparently Noel Fielding has attached Amstell for being mean to contestants and so 'ruining' the show. Erm, didn't Lamarr do exactly the same thing for about ten years on that show? Isn't that also half the reason most people even watched it?

Ha! Good point! In my opinion things have definitely gone downhill since Amstell left so that's "anti-ruined" in my opinion.

Here's the story for anyone interested: Noel Fielding says Simon Amstell 'ruined' Buzzcocks

Quote: Mark @ November 4 2010, 12:48 PM GMT

Ha! Good point! In my opinion things have definitely gone downhill since Amstell left

I seem to remember, when Amstell started, people went on about he'd breathed new life into the show. Maybe Fielding just didn't like it because he likes to hang out with the pop and rock stars afterwards.

Well, Amstell didn't ruin the show in general, he was great. But Noel is probably right in what he says isn't he? People must be reluctant to go on the show if they still think of it as taking the piss out of its guests.

Quote: zooo @ November 4 2010, 12:57 PM GMT

Well, Amstell didn't ruin the show in general, he was great. But Noel is probably right in what he says isn't he? People must be reluctant to go on the show if they still think of it as taking the piss out of its guests.

Well sure, but it's always been like that, that's always been the edge for the show, which Fielding must know, unless he never watched it.