Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 24 Page 6

Quote: zooo @ November 5 2010, 2:58 PM GMT

Why'd you think that, Nogget?

I got that impression from the learned folk of this very board.

Oh them. They're mental!

I suppose it was funny. Then again, it was shooting fish in a barrel time... Perhaps they can invite a kid with Down's syndrome on next and perplex them too? I've got no great sympathy with the acceptable-face-of-the-modern-freak-show which is Jedward, but they're still human beings - strange and peculiar human beings - but people all the same. This was nasty humour which served no greater purpose. It wasn't skewering ego, or making a bigger point about reality TV etc. It was just mocking a couple of extremely naive young pawns. I met a producer who actually lived with/looked after Jedward in the wake of their X Factor run. Apparently, it's no act. They are as totally naive and clueless to the cold, harsh reality of the world as they appear. Which is probably not their fault.

Anyway, this show has been going through its death rattles for years. This one episode won't reverse its continuing irrelevance and decline.

Quote: zooo @ November 5 2010, 3:10 PM GMT

Oh them. They're mental!

Wave

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 5 2010, 3:54 PM GMT

Perhaps they can invite a kid with Down's syndrome on next and perplex them too?

I'd watch that.

Me too. :(

Just watched this and am in two minds - not like Jedward of course who only have one.

I thought they got into the swing of it really well but Jupitus seemed to get a bit OTT with his reactions to them. However we only saw thirty minutes so we don't know how annoying they were in the rest of the filming.

Not as annoying as that self-centred twat Paul Foot earlier in the series though.

Quote: Chappers @ November 6 2010, 10:29 PM GMT

self-centred twat

:O

Quote: Chappers @ November 6 2010, 10:29 PM GMT

I thought they got into the swing of it really well but Jupitus seemed to get a bit OTT with his reactions to them. However we only saw thirty minutes so we don't know how annoying they were in the rest of the filming.

I think we can get a vague idea...

Eh?

Paul Foot is wonderful! I think he's really funny.

Yeah, I find him funny, I don't know why so many people here disliked him.

Quote: zooo @ November 7 2010, 11:26 PM GMT

Yeah, I find him funny, I don't know why so many people here disliked him.

Because I'd never seen or heard of him before, thought he looked a twat and was not in the slightest amused by his pathetic attempts at trying to be clever on the show.

Is that enough?

Indeed it is! :D

Terry Wogan was fabulous.

Wogan as permanent host please. :)

Agreed.