The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret Page 2

Seems odd that it airs over there first. I think it's a co-production, but it was set up by a Brit company, so why are we the ones waiting??

Most of the time, if a show is an international co-production it'll air here last. A bit annoying, but all down to our channel schedulers.

The first episode was indeed a remake of the pilot; with some scenes re-used from the pilot. There were some new jokes added, some removed, scenes changed and Blake Harrison replaced Russell Tovey. The pilot was a bit better and I don't want to spoil it with examples; still a good effort and I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

Isn't it also more comedy serial than sitcom?

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2010, 10:26 PM BST

Or, as Jim Field would say 'it simply wasn't Top Window comedy - Empty Refrigerator television, sure, but it will never leave Base One for the Moonshot'.

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ October 3 2010, 9:13 PM BST

Isn't it also more comedy serial than sitcom?

Oh Lordy, let's not go down this road again. The pilot looked like a sitcom to me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 3 2010, 9:44 PM BST

Oh Lordy, let's not go down this road again.

No, let's! The pilot implied that it was going to have a continuing storyline similar to say Psychoville.

Quote: chipolata @ October 3 2010, 9:55 PM BST

No, let's! The pilot implied that it was going to have a continuing storyline similar to say Psychoville.

I think it just implied that it was heading towards him being up in court with a long list of shamful charges, and each episode would feature one or some of those eventual charges/mistakes. Pyscoville was ever-developing, Todd looks like it will have more episode by epsiode self contained stories of this guy's disasters.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 3 2010, 10:09 PM BST

I think it just implied that it was heading towards him being up in court with a long list of shamful charges, and each episode would feature one or some of those eventual charges/mistakes. Pyscoville was ever-developing, Todd looks like it will have more episode by epsiode self contained stories of this guy's disasters.

Which still means it's not a true sitcom. Not that I care. I'm just saying.

I don't know if I can watch this. David Cross gives me the heebie jeebies.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 3 2010, 10:27 PM BST

I don't know if I can watch this. David Cross gives me the heebie jeebies.

:O Didn't you like Arrested Development?

Quote: chipolata @ October 3 2010, 10:32 PM BST

:O Didn't you like Arrested Development?

Or Mr. Show with Bob and David!?!

The show is clearly a sitcom. If a show is serial, all stand-alone, dark, goof-ball, surreal, etc it doesn't stop it from being a sitcom... it just further defines it. Just FYI and I don't think it's a spoiler... but if you are sensitive to these things stop reading now... the show starts the exact same way (I don't think they re-filmed the court scene at all).

Yes I did like those programs. Then I saw him in Alvin and the Chipmunks...many many times.

Quote: MTpromises @ October 4 2010, 12:52 AM BST

Or Mr. Show with Bob and David!?! The show is clearly a sitcom. If a show is serial, all stand-alone, dark, goof-ball, surreal, etc it doesn't stop it from being a sitcom... it just further defines it.

Codswallop, sir! Since when does something that makes it less of a sitcom - the serial nature of its story - make it more of a sitcom?

Quote: chipolata @ October 4 2010, 9:05 AM BST

Codswallop, sir! Since when does something that makes it less of a sitcom - the serial nature of its story - make it more of a sitcom?

You're not going to hornswoggle me with your flimflam... The species of the show is still sitcom, though it's subspecies may well be serial comedy.