The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret

The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret. Image shows from L to R: Dave (Blake Harrison), Brent Wilts (Will Arnett), Todd Margaret (David Cross), Alice Bell (Sharon Horgan). Copyright: RDF Television / Merman.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret

Sitcom about a US executive who finds himself out of his depth when he is mistakenly sent to run his company's new UK arm

T.W.

• Friday 1st October 2010, 9:49pm
  • England
  • 15,786 posts

If this show is a massive flop, I predict an 'Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Channel Four' headline - probably in the Media-f**king-Guardian. That is all.

Steve Sunshine

• Friday 1st October 2010, 10:01pm
  • Dagenham, England
  • 14,531 posts

Was this any good.
Or was it lifted by the great performers they had?
I can't remember now.

T.W.

• Friday 1st October 2010, 10:02pm
  • England
  • 15,786 posts

I didn't watch the pilot. Does this help?

T.W.

• Friday 1st October 2010, 10:08pm
  • England
  • 15,786 posts

Don't read anything into that, btw. There are plenty of sitcom pilots I haven't seen...

I can still write a ten paragraph explanation of why it was shit/great though, if you'd like?

chipolata

• Friday 1st October 2010, 10:19pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 29,651 posts

It was alright. Nothing special. Better than the PhoneShop pilot, mind.

T.W.

• Friday 1st October 2010, 10:21pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 15,786 posts
Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2010, 10:16 PM BST

I do like those.

Very kind. But "them" rather implies that I've written more than one. Eagle-eyed readers will have spotted that it's actually always the same review, just with the paragraphs put in a different order.

Steve Sunshine

• Friday 1st October 2010, 10:24pm
  • Dagenham, England
  • 14,531 posts

I did recently watch the Magician one with Rhys Darby.
I enjoyed it.
Although, again is that because I liked the main performer.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2010, 10:21 PM BST

Very kind. But "them" rather implies that I've written more than one. Eagle-eyed readers will have spotted that it's actually always the same review, just with the paragraphs put in a different order.

We're just glad you're back Doc
No'one reads them all the way through anyway. :P Whistling nnocently

T.W.

• Friday 1st October 2010, 10:26pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 15,786 posts
Quote: chipolata @ October 1 2010, 10:19 PM BST

It was alright. Nothing special. Better than the Phone Shop pilot, mind.

Or, as Jim Field would say 'it simply wasn't Top Window comedy - Empty Refrigerator television, sure, but it will never leave Base One for the Moonshot'.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2010, 10:24 PM BST

We're just glad you're back Doc
No'one reads them all the way through anyway. :P Whistling nnocently

Cheers, Steve...

And Chip, I'm glad you time in the wilderness was so brief.

I read them all the way through. Several times. Late at night. When I'm lonely. Wanking and crying.

Off-topic post by chipolata on Fri 1st Oct 2010, 22:31
Quote: Tim Walker @ October 1 2010, 10:26 PM BST

Or, as Jim Field would say 'it simply wasn't Top Window comedy - Empty Refrigerator television, sure, but it will never leave Base One for the Moonshot'. Cheers, Steve... And Chip, I'm glad you time in the wilderness was so brief.

Cheers, Tim. One day you and I will have to write an e-book on the best ways to permanently leave the BCG with as little fuss as possible.

MTpromises

• Saturday 2nd October 2010, 12:21am
  • New York, United States
  • 365 posts

I enjoyed the pilot that aired last winter, but I do have a soft spot for anyone involved with Mr. Show. The first episode is going to be a remake of the pilot... I wonder how many of the cameo appearances are going to be replicated... Matt King, Kayvan Novak, Spike Jonze, what's her name from Flight of the Concords

Aaron

• Saturday 2nd October 2010, 9:13am
  • Royal Berkshire, England
  • 68,343 posts

I seem to recall that the pilot was the best of the Comedy Showcases. I'm certainly rather looking forward to the series.