The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret Page 4

I was glad to see Kayvan Novak has cast off his type-cast and is now playing the bomb-disposal officer. That's progress!

Quote: Aaron @ November 15 2010, 10:46 AM GMT

Blake Harrison a massive improvement on Russel Tovey. The character just came across as vile and spiteful in the pilot

He still comes across like that to me. There's nothing redeeming about him. To me, at least.

As for the second episode it didn't really make me laugh but it was very watchable. And Metap(?) was gorgeous. Hope she pops up again.

She's off EastEnders!

(I think... she left ages ago.)

Quote: chipolata @ November 21 2010, 10:52 PM GMT

He still comes across like that to me. There's nothing redeeming about him. To me, at least.

Agree with that. He's very unlikeable, that character.

Second episode started to lose me a bit. Just didn't seem as compelling. Hope it picks up next week.

Dan

To paraphrase the Kaiser Chiefs, every week I like this show less and less. Mainly down to thoroughly unlikeable characters. Dave(?) is the worst offender: smug and obnoxious. However everyone in it leaves me with a sour taste in the mouth.

I thought it was ..... f**king brilliant. The final epsiode had me choking with laughter.

To be fair you have to watch the whole series (I guesss that's why they do the recap at the start, which doesn't do it justice) or it doesn't make much sense me thinks, it would just seems gross and a bit ridiculous, which it isn't if you watch the whole thing!

However the title of the show is apt as each week his decisions become increasingly poor! No shit.

I just decided to watch this on 4OD as there was nothing else on.

Laughed out loud a lot.

Just watched eps 2 & 3 - well I have a busy life - and laughed cringingly.

It's funny, it just needs to find its feet. O . Just needs to have more jokes, the plots are good. But the idea he is so clueless I find a bit hard to take, no one is that stupid and naive.
But the actors are great.

Quote: sunderland @ December 15 2011, 8:52 PM GMT

It's funny, it just needs to find its feet. O . Just needs to have more jokes, the plots are good. But the idea he is so clueless I find a bit hard to take, no one is that stupid and naive.
But the actors are great.

Come on. He's American. You know they know bugger all about the rest of the world.

John Hamm (from Mad Men) has a role in S2 apparently.

It starts in the US on Jan 6th, not sure about when/if More4 are showing it though.

Just read an interview with David Cross in the Huffington Post in which he says:

"in between season one and season two, Channel 4 in the U.K. pulled their funding for the show"

So this will probably not be back on our screens any time soon.

(And is also no longer classed as a 'British' sitcom? Despite looking very much like one).

What the fudgecrackers? You bastards, Channel 4. Utter, utter bastards. That's Jay Hunt, that is.

Ask anyone in the industry: the rhyming slang is quite apt. Unimpressed

Hang on, it was a bit rubbish. I don't think I lasted to the end of the series anyway.