Writing partner Page 5

Quote: Spaceball1 @ November 19 2010, 12:12 PM GMT

74 Isnt a silly number at all. I sent 74 as STV personally emailed in reply to my response in the amount we send and they said to send in ALL of our sketches of which I did!

Just to clear things up - you told STV that you had 74 sketches. They replied, saying it was fine to send all of them their way?

Quote: Spaceball1 @ November 19 2010, 12:36 PM GMT

Marc P. Thankyou for the advice its appreciated. I really do think though that comedy is very poor in its quality in writing nowadays. It is not really funny in the slightest and I know there are great writers out there like myself who are not known who can make that magic and talent come back on TV, where you cannot predict whats happening. I find TV are putting the same comedy format on year after year sketch wise and its sickening. What is your opinion on writing nowadays? I could easily write what they put on TV nowadays not a problem anyone could think up those punchlines but what TV are asking for nowadays wouldnt make me laugh and it would take the joy out of writing.

Have you thought it might not be what you're saying, but how you're saying it?
To be frank, your syntax and grammar are all over the shop in these posts.
If your 73 submissions were as poorly presented, then I'm not suprised you didn't get too far.
If English isn't your first language, I apologise - but you'll still need to improve it if you want to get read.
If, of course, you're just taking the piss, well, then I take my hat off to you.
Nicely done.