Writing partner

Hey there.

Looking for a writing partner to share ideas with and write sketches.

I only write one or two bits per week so nothing to time consuming.

Interested? PM or message me.

J

There's always a couple of these a year...

Please put a bit of thought into this. You've come on to a forum asking writers if they would like to partner with you yet you've said absolutely nothing about yourself other than you rarely write.

Tell us why anyone should partner with you?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 20 2010, 10:03 AM BST

There's always a couple of these a year...

Please put a bit of thought into this. You've come on to a forum asking writers if they would like to partner with you yet you've said absolutely nothing about yourself other than you rarely write.

Tell us why anyone should partner with you?

Why would you bother to write that? There's always at least one of these isnt there...

Right... good luck with the partner thing.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ September 20 2010, 7:37 PM BST

Right... good luck with the partner thing.

c'mon man! Look, cards on the table: what you said in your original reply was right. But your tone, to my mind, was far too negative. If you had only dressed your point in positive language I would have been receptive to your advice.

Regardless of tone, it's still true. Get sellin'!

I could do with a writing partner.

But I seem to repel them like a Dalek in a cyberman speed dating night.

Quote: JayH @ September 20 2010, 8:28 PM BST

c'mon man! Look, cards on the table: what you said in your original reply was right. But your tone, to my mind, was far too negative. If you had only dressed your point in positive language I would have been receptive to your advice.

Wasn't trying to be negative but just appreciate that this is a forum with some talented and experienced writers and we get a lot of new people coming in and simply saying 'hey, I need a writing partner. Come and get me!' And that's it. You've got to make these talented writers want to work with you yet you give them nothing and, I guess, assume its enough.

I was trying to help as I'm not even interested in a writing partner but was interested in making sure you know that you need to sell yourself first. Not the other way round.
;)

^^^^^^^^^^^

Out of curiousity, who are the experienced writers on this forum?

Me Pirate

Experienced or succesful?

I would have thought to justify the experience, you would have to be successful.

Any idiot can write a story. It takes a good writer to sell it.

Experience of failure is still experience.

For to love and have lost is better than to have never loved at all.

True.

Anyway, I'm just curious as to the writers on this forum who have any successful experience.

EDIT: And you might argue that experience of failure makes one an experienced wanna-be writer, not an actual writer

Quote: writer for hire @ September 20 2010, 11:36 PM BST

True.

Anyway, I'm just curious as to the writers on this forum who have any successful experience.

EDIT: And you might argue that experience of failure makes one an experienced wanna-be writer, not an actual writer

Maybe its worth having this question as its own thread as most successful/experienced writers might not be reading this one so your poll will be very small.

But I meant experienced as in length of time writing - regardless of success. I know a lot of people here have been writing for quite a few years.