Life's Too Short Page 31

Ricky Gervais is NOT funny! When will people realize!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ December 6 2011, 11:05 AM GMT

Ricky Gervais is NOT funny! When will people realize!

Yes! If people stopped laughing so much, they'd realise the truth!

:D

Warwick Davies has been the high point of the series. The celebrity appearances have been lame and the writing very variable, but his performance is what has kept me watching.

Quote: Skeadugenga @ December 6 2011, 3:19 PM GMT

Warwick Davies has been the high point

Wacka wacka!

Me thinks RG & SM should do a series about a blind, bold, Not well legged, gay, black, Jew who converts to Islam next.

Shouldn't this be in showcase?

Quote: Charley @ December 6 2011, 5:23 PM GMT

Me thinks RG & SM should do a series about a blind, bold, Not well legged, gay, black, Jew who converts to Islam next.

why Jewish?

Quote: sootyj @ December 6 2011, 8:12 PM GMT

why Jewish?

It's comedy SJ.. to get it made of course! Oi Vey!

Quote: Marc P @ December 6 2011, 10:18 PM GMT

Erm, it's pretty much all been said. Life's Too Short is a soulless cover version of all Gervais and Merchant's greatest hits. And its relentlessly dull obsession with humiliation and degradation is rapidly making it The Human Centipede of sitcoms.

As for the celebrity cameos, only the Liam Neeson one has worked. Steve Carrell literally phoned his in. Johnny Depp was shouty and wooden. And the Helen Bonham Carter one lacked all credibility. Would her people really allow her to call a dwarf "it" and treat him so badly? No, because it'd be a PR nightmare. It would have been far more interesting to have her being nice to Warwick while simultaneously still making him get into a bin.

Hello Chipolata and welcome to the site. You make some good points. I think Warwick Davis has great comic timing and his performance has been the highlight.

Quote: Marc P @ December 6 2011, 10:18 PM GMT

We Jews are a very serious people.

You being a Muslim wouldn't understand.

Quote: sootyj @ December 7 2011, 10:41 AM GMT

We Jews are a very serious people.

Judging by the lack of humour in this show, so are we gentiles.

Chip's back :)
Warwick Davis has grown on me as it's gone along, it's a bit of a mish mash of a show though, and I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it. It has made me yawn more than anything but here and there has made me smile. I know that Warwick himself likes and endorses the slapstick side of it from what he said on an interview, I personally don't think it's exploiting him, I see it as a vehicle for him as a dwarf to kick at our preconceptions more than anything else.