Frasier Page 9

I've still never seen Frasier although I was a great fan of Cheers, one of only 3 US sitcoms I've enjoyed alongside Soap and Mash.

Was a great fan when it was "live" on the box, but saw an episode the other week, and it seemed a bit flat, which was surprising to me.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 13th October 2023, 11:00 AM

... I can see Nicholas Lyndhurst's character being a highlight of the series.

For my money he's been in the best American and British (OFAH) sitcoms of all time.

Quote: Firkin @ 14th October 2023, 4:01 PM

For my money he's been in the best American and British (OFAH) sitcoms of all time.

It was lovely to see him back in a sitcom, his timing is second to none.

That's exactly what I thought, his timing is better than ever. Stark reminder of time seeing a grey haired Rodney.

Yes agreed, he was possibly the best thing on the show
apart from the titular character

I'm guessing this reboot is on some channel I can't get like AppleFlix or something?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th October 2023, 8:23 AM

I'm guessing this reboot is on some channel I can't get like AppleFlix or something?

Paramount Plus.

Sad to say, not overly impressed with the re-boot.
Loved the original, but this seems to have lost a lot of its charm & zip.
The show is sorely missing Niles - they've tried to put some annoying nephew into the role, but it doesn't work.
Not sure I'll watch another.

Thank you for that, as it lets me know I am not missing anything, saving me buying a bigger bundle

Think you have to go to the cock doctor for that.

The show still hasn't quite found its feet although episode 3 did make me chuckle a few times, mainly due to Lyndhurst.

Much better this week. Lyndhurst's comic timing continues to dwarf everybody else in the show, he's brilliant.

Yes it seemed a bit more classic Frasier this week

I love Frasier. It is one of the greatest sitcoms. It has great acting and characters. It was very funny.
My 3 fave sitcoms are Frasier, Friends and Seinfeld.