Frasier Page 4

It got worse in the last few years, but I still think it's the smartest and most brilliantly-written US sitcom ever. Don't be put off by the references to fine dining/wine/opera/fancy antiques - I know little or nothing about any of these subjects; the real humour is in the snobbish attitudes shown towards them when contrasted to the aware down-to-earth perspectives of Roz, Daphne and especially Martin. I love the fact that the blue-collar sports-loving ex-cop (sorry about all the hyphens....) was actually at least as 'smart' as his sons, and delighted in proving it. There are 'clever' sitcoms again, but nothing as consistantly great as this.

Probably my favourite US comedy. Ham Radio being my favourite episode.

I need to move a load of DVDs to get my hands on my Frasier Season 1 boxset. It's a massive inconvenience, but, dammit, I'm going to do it! It's that good.

Dive in, who knows what you'll find?

Probably your Frasier boxset actually.

I've got to move a CD player, too.

Can't you somersault over it?

Ninja-style.

can somebody call an ambulance?

Laughing out loud Ummm, I mean.. *phones*

*for pizza*

Quote: Graham Bandage @ April 2 2009, 10:44 PM BST

I've got to move a CD player, too.

Don't you just hate that. I haven't got the space to have everything in reach. Way down in the depths of my DVD mountain I've found stuff I don't remember buying.

Just been watching series 11 repeats on C4+1 while pottering about, and I can't believe they're wanting me to believe that that limper than limp Niles is really a model of male hetrosexuality who's got that Daphne up the duff!! Were they serious? Or have I seriously missed something by not watching anything from series 3 I think to 11?

If I could find the thread I'd add Frasier as a sitcom I've ignored for years. I watch it every day now on comedy central and it's brilliant! No idea what season I'm watching though.

Quote: ShoePie @ October 27 2009, 10:56 AM BST

If I could find the thread I'd add Frasier as a sitcom I've ignored for years. I watch it every day now on comedy central and it's brilliant! No idea what season I'm watching though.

Say what happened in the last one you saw and I'll tell you.

It certainly remains as one of my favourite US sitcoms but there's something about all of them that wind me up. Frasier had a very good premise, good central charcters, some great writing at times but in the end it was just a little too cartoony and ofcourse went on far far too long, like they all seem to do. It should have stopped after 3 seasons - that's still about 80 episodes - way more than even the longest British sitcom series. The Americans can come up with very good sitcoms but they always overdo it and often ruin them by the end.

A quality programme. My favourite episode was probably the one with the misunderstanding. :D

Season 7 and 8 onwards was just appalling. Don't ever get me started on Season 9!