Life Of Riley - Series 3 Page 2

Quote: Mark @ December 4 2010, 2:20 PM GMT

There was that Jasper Carrott one... the ultra politically correct sitcom.

All About Me. For some reason I have the urge to see it again.

"Oh the humanity" !

Come on, someone needs to put this crap out of its misery. If the BBC really can't find anything better than this "cows innards" then they deserve to be sold off.... anything, even adverts should be shown instead of this.

Caroline Quentin has been FORCED to do the rounds of radio & morning TV to hawk this crap and you can SEE it in her eyes how embarrassed she is. If nothing else,
I now know Caroline Quentin MUST be hard up for cash.

This show is awful, but I can't help but like old Caroline Quentin. I think it's her mouth I like.

Quote: Aaron @ December 4 2010, 7:41 PM BST

All About Me. For some reason I have the urge to see it again.

Very good yet underrated show.

Quote: Delmonti @ April 8 2011, 4:18 PM BST

Caroline Quentin has been FORCED to do the rounds of radio & morning TV to hawk this crap and you can SEE it in her eyes how embarrassed she is. If nothing else,
I now know Caroline Quentin MUST be hard up for cash.

She's got/had the M+S adverts aswell.

Looks like there's 2 of the No Place Like Home cast in the opening episode: Marcia Warren, a regular, playing part of Caroline Quentin's character's mother, and William Gaunt. If this is another My Family-style long runner, Neil Dudgeon will be alternating between making this and Midsomer. :)

Quote: peter gazzard @ April 8 2011, 10:54 PM BST

Neil Dudgeon will be alternating between making this and Midsomer. :)

Such a great actor, but the above phrase makes me weep!

Thing is, Life Of Riley gets pretty good ratings, hence the recommissions.

... only because...

It's watched simply because it's there. Right there, on BBC1, in a primetime slot. If Auntie scheduled a programme - I don't know - some show which looks into the banal private lives of soap actors - 'Holby City Celebrity Sock Drawer Disasters Confidential!' - it would probably be watched just as passively by the same number of people.

Quote: dennispennis123 @ April 8 2011, 8:52 PM BST

Very good yet underrated show.

Worst show ever, I'd rather watch my own execution

Quote: sootyj @ April 11 2011, 6:26 PM BST

Worst show ever, I'd rather watch my own execution

So would we. ;)

Many thanks to the BCG for giving us this preview clip...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/life_of_riley/episodes/3/1/#videos

It lasts 3 minutes and I'm saving this to watch in the event of imminent nuclear attack - the perfect method of tranquilising oneself towards nirvana, where one's own imminent demise and the collapse of Western civilisation suddenly seem to be, on reflection, a very good thing.

(Incidentally, in the breakfast scene, it's surely not a coincidence that the characters are all sitting on the same side of the kitchen table? Presumably the writers are making a sly reference to Michaelangelo's depiction of The Last Supper?)

They cancelled MY FAMILY, but brought back LIFE OF RILEY! The BBC aren't consistent.

Yeah! And they got rid of Whites purely because of internal politics (according to Digital Spy forums!).

Less than an hour. Then we can kill ourselves.

I'm looking forward to it. I've heard the scripts are really good this series.

I can only appauld your positivity.