They had it. Then they lost it Page 5

I just want to come late to the party and say Jackie Brown is *much* better than Pulp Fiction. Pulp Fiction is a pretty good film, but the Bruce Willis section is tedious. The film suffers when John Travolta/ Sam Jackson aren't on screen. Jackie Brown is a lot more grown up, and with fewer Tarantino trademarks, but it's brill skills. So there.

I've watched Jackie Brown maybe 3 times and enjoyed.

I've watched Pulpfiction more than 20 and still if it comes on I'll probably watch it.

It's like an early Woody Allan film, it's got that deep wit. THat dialogue that feels natural but so much funnier.

In most films, you might have one or two favourite scenes, but Pulp Fiction has SO many. There might be a couple of slightly boring bits, but there's always another one of your favourite scenes coming up so you can't switch off.

Zed's dead, Zed's dead baby.

Most if not all artists lose it. And if they haven't yet, they will. It would be more difficult to come up with a list of people who maintained an unblemished record.

Back on topic, agree with Steve Martin, although I loved some of his movies, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is one of my fave movies ever, and Bowfinger was brilliant but totally under-rated.

I used to really like Gina Yashere when she first started but haven't seen any improvement since.

Billy Connelly too, Loved his old stuff like the Last Supper and an Audience with was class but he sold out too soon.

RG is loosing it with his American films. He is looking like Simon Cowell too now. All white teeth & botox.
Come on RG remember the stuff that made you famous Paweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

RG?

Ricky Gevais!

Yeah, have gone off RG big time, hate the animated series with Karl Pilkington, he needs to get back to his roots.

Quote: chipolata @ August 15 2010, 9:30 PM BST

I liked Shymalan's The Happening. Although I suspect I'm alone in that.

Watched this recently with my girlfriend, we realized quite early on that the only way we were going to enjoy it was disengage our brains and think "B Movie" continuously, even so at the end we turned to each other and went "WTF!" and wondered why we'd sat through two hours of that piece of shit. It's a dreadful, dreadful film.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ August 16 2010, 12:36 AM BST

Watched this recently with my girlfriend, we realized quite early on that the only way we were going to enjoy it was disengage our brains and think "B Movie" continuously, even so at the end we turned to each other and went "WTF!" and wondered why we'd sat through two hours of that piece of shit.

It's less than ninety minutes long, not two hours. And the more I think about it the more I think it's a weird lost classic. I might dig it out and watch it again later.

Quote: chipolata @ August 16 2010, 8:55 AM BST

It's less than ninety minutes long, not two hours. And the more I think about it the more I think it's a weird lost classic. I might dig it out and watch it again later.

Well it seemed like a lot longer, especially as it was full of the most awful dialogue, a complete waste of a half decent cast (Mark Wahlberg, the lovely Zooey Deschanel and John Leguizamo.)

The original question was about comedians, not movie directors. Unimpressed

Could be about anyone.