They had it. Then they lost it Page 6

Keeping on topic, it saddens me to say Hancock.

Sad, sad decline ending in taking his own life.

A man who could empty streets and pubs at his peak.

:(

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 19 2010, 12:37 AM BST

Keeping on topic, it saddens me to say Hancock.

Sad, sad decline ending in taking his own life.
:(

Great, thanks for ruining that movie!

Quote: David Bussell @ August 19 2010, 12:41 AM BST

One does try but there's always some wannabe smart ass.

I like to think I succeed in being a smart ass.

Quote: David Bussell @ August 19 2010, 12:55 AM BST

I like to think I succeed in being a smart ass.

Grade A

Quote: David Bussell @ August 19 2010, 12:41 AM BST

If you mean the Will Smith debacle the ending is so stupid it couldn't be more ruined.

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 19 2010, 12:57 AM BST

Grade A

That would be a first.

*pun*

I'm not that big a few Steve Martin fan, but he's definitely not notching up Planes, Trains and Automobiles or LA Story anymore.

Red Dwarf.

Quote: Ben @ August 19 2010, 10:50 PM BST

I'm not that big a few Steve Martin fan, but he's definitely not notching up Planes, Trains and Automobiles or LA Story anymore.

You should give his 'Lets Get Small' stand up album a whirl.

I heard you the first time. Yes getting back to the original question so many have casually flaunted just to indulge in the usual pop culture tosh, I posit Harry Enfield, who you hardly see now on TV. He was very funny for a long time doing the stuff he was good at, characters.

Then came acting roles which he was patently rubbish at, then came Paul Whitehouse who seemed to soar above him in popularity for a while, and I got the impression he either lost a bit of confidence in himself, or even became a bit bitter at it all, which is a terrible thing. Whatever it is, he seems almost to have willingly escaped the comedy limelight. Or have I just had the wrong channels on?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ August 20 2010, 10:59 AM BST

Yes getting back to the original question so many have casually flaunted just to indulge in the usual pop culture tosh, I posit Harry Enfield, who you hardly see now on TV.

Apart from his current BBC TV series, Harry And Paul, that has currently enjoyed two series!

Yes I took that into account, but for me it wasn't his best work and in the first series I thought he looked like his heart wasn't in it. Certainly not the same boisterous Harry Enfield of earlier times imo. And he used to pop up in a lot of other stuff, do interviews etc.

You took into account the fact he had a successful ongoing TV series whilst declaring he's hardly ever on TV?

He's older, he's had his wildly popular moment in the Sun, he probably just doesn't feel the need to chase it as much anymore.