Sherlock Page 74

I really can't understand people who don't like Sherlock. It's one of the best written, best acted and finely produced programmes on British telly.

Agree 100%!

I do much prefer 'Elementary'; though.

I thought Elementary was awful. One episode was enough for me.

I haven't actually watched Elementary.

It's not started yet I don't think (on proper TV).

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 21 2012, 2:47 PM BST

I really can't understand people who don't like Sherlock. It's one of the best written, best acted and finely produced programmes on British telly.

I agree with you on something :O

Quote: Kenneth @ October 21 2012, 1:24 AM BST

Is it really crap? I bought Series 1 a few days ago, tried to watch the first episode and found myself turning it off near the start, when Holmes mimics McCaulay Culkin's Home Alone "Yes!" line, complete with air-fisting gesture. Does Holmes shoot up, as in the books? Or has that been cut in place of making him a prat?

He wrestles with smoking a cigarette, every now and again as their 'take' on the original material. Yes, the show is that imaginative.

It is full of arch moments like the air-fisting gesture. You won't be able to sit through a whole episode without a taste-labotomy.

Apparently, in the American version, 'Elementary', one Mr Vinnie Jones is playing Moriarty:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s205/elementary/news/a449005/vinnie-jones-to-play-sherlocks-enemy-moriarty-in-elementary.html

Quote: Bob Hicks @ October 21 2012, 7:29 PM BST

I thought Elementary was awful. One episode was enough for me.

One minute of Sherlock was enough for me.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 7 2013, 7:05 PM GMT

One minute of Sherlock was enough for me.

I just checked - that means you tuned out during a flashback of Watson at war, meaning you quit before Sherlock even showed up. Maybe if you'd stuck around just a little longer than 60 seconds?

Quote: David Bussell @ January 7 2013, 7:11 PM GMT

I just checked - that means you tuned out during a flashback of Watson at war, meaning you quit before Sherlock even showed up. Maybe if you'd stuck around just a little longer than 60 seconds?

I see enough clips on BBC to stop me tuning in. Andrew Scott??? Really??? Would a Moriarty like his be able to hide in the shadows?

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 7 2013, 7:18 PM GMT

Andrew Scott??? Really??? Would a Moriarty like his be able to hide in the shadows?

I dunno, tune in and find out?

Quote: David Bussell @ January 7 2013, 7:20 PM GMT

I dunno, tune in and find out?

Well, he didn't. He gave a shocking OTT performance. Worst acting I've seen since Simm did Doctor Who.

Did the one minute you watched have him in it then?