Sherlock Page 49

Quote: chipolata @ January 11 2012, 9:46 AM GMT

The consistency annoys me. Enormously enjoyable first episode, followed by an absolute stinker of a second. Same with the first series: hooting fun in episode one, fast asleep in episode two.

Hounds was decent enough, though obviously far less fun than ep 1. Enjoyed it much more then Ep 2 last series, anyway.

Quote: chipolata @ January 11 2012, 10:08 AM GMT

No, I don't think that's it.

His two episodes have been by far the best. May be coincidence, of course.

Just noticed Kevin referred to him as 'A God', thought he just said good on first glance.

It's good.... but it's not right!

Okay. :)

I meant not God, lol !

Quote: Marc P @ January 11 2012, 9:39 AM GMT

Is Moff grooming Sherlock to take over from Smith? Watson is coming across better and better mind.

That Dominic Bumbaclart / Englebert Humperdink fella has already been in 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' and got rave reviews. I suspect his agent is force feeding him down US producers throats over in Hollyweird.

No one is going to be Doc Who for 5 seasons if they are offered big time American movie roles.

Yeah, I can't imagine him wanting to take a part like The Doctor.

Well he seems to be playing it now, all he needs is a magic screwdriver! ;)

Quote: zooo @ January 11 2012, 12:10 PM GMT

Yeah, I can't imagine him wanting to take a part like The Doctor.

Big number zooo!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 11 2012, 12:08 PM GMT

That Dominic Bumbaclart / Englebert Humperdink fella has already been in 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' and got rave reviews. I suspect his agent is force feeding him down US producers throats over in Hollyweird.

No one is going to be Doc Who for 5 seasons if they are offered big time American movie roles.

He's in Spielberg's War Horse that's just come out; and has been cast in the next Star Trek film as the villain, apparently.

Quote: Marc P @ January 11 2012, 12:13 PM GMT

Well he seems to be playing it now, all he needs is a magic screwdriver! ;)

The Doctor has always been a bit Holmes-ish, so it's hardly a stretch to make the connection; but I would say the way BC is playing Sherlock is generally less friendly, goofy or full of wonder than recent Doctor's.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 11 2012, 12:23 PM GMT

He's in Spielberg's War Horse that's just come out; and has been cast in the next Star Trek film as the villain, apparently.

And Martin Freeman is going to be The Hobbit. But he said on Graham Norton that he stills wants to do Sherlock as he and Benydril Slumbermat really enjoy making it.

Benedict said on Graham Norton/Alan Carr's chat show recentlyish what his school nickname had been. It was rather amusing... Bendy Dick something?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 11 2012, 12:23 PM GMT

The Doctor has always been a bit Holmes-ish, so it's hardly a stretch to make the connection; but I would say the way BC is playing Sherlock is generally less friendly, goofy or full of wonder than recent Doctor's.

Yes that is a good point. From what I remember of the books the clues that Sherlock unlocks are done so through intelligence, I'd like to see more cleverness at display rather than people just tell him he is clever and him just guessing stuff correctly I suppose. Get Renwick on the case rather than Gattis. Mind you some of his JC went a bit off at the end.

Renegade getting his name constantly wrong is both juvenile and insulting. You're celebrating your ignorance.

Everyone knows its pronounced.

Bendover and come in my hat.

Ah, it was 'Bendy dick cum on my baps'.

Poor bastard.

Quote: zooo @ January 11 2012, 12:43 PM GMT

cum on my baps

Erm... well.... I.... if you insist...

Sorry I've gone too rude haven't I?

Sorry Zooo