Sherlock Page 48

Oh Dear, P's off on a full scale mock attack-!

He's been on the laughing gas!

Did I mishear, or was there a line in Gatiss's episode about a 'W.H.O. Conference'?

Quote: Marc P @ January 10 2012, 10:17 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Laughing out loud Huh?

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2012, 10:22 PM GMT

He's been on the laughing gas!

Did I mishear, or was there a line in Gatiss's episode about a 'W.H.O. Conference'?

I think so; but that also stands for World Health Organisation.

Quote: zooo @ January 10 2012, 10:22 PM GMT

World Health Organisation. Not Tardis-a-thon in Stockport or whatever.

Aw, boo.

And he called a character Dyson, after Jeremy. DON'T RUIN THAT ONE FOR ME.

Is Moff grooming Sherlock to take over from Smith? Watson is coming across better and better mind.

The consistency annoys me. Enormously enjoyable first episode, followed by an absolute stinker of a second. Same with the first series: hooting fun in episode one, fast asleep in episode two.

Quote: Marc P @ January 11 2012, 9:39 AM GMT

Is Moff grooming Sherlock to take over from Smith? Watson is coming across better and better mind.

Sherlock thought about it and decided not to go for it. Or so he says in virtually every interview he gives.

Quote: chipolata @ January 11 2012, 9:46 AM GMT

The consistency annoys me. Enormously enjoyable first episode, followed by an absolute stinker of a second. Same with the first series: hooting fun in episode one, fast asleep in episode two.

That's because Moff is a god, and everything else pales in comparison.

I didn't think Sherlock's deductive powers were well demonstrated in the last episode. He 'deduced' the Major's password by looking at some books and then making a very lucky guess (not even 8 characters long!). He didn't even need to deduce what 'hound' meant, because he just happened to have heard of it before. How did they work out that the hound wasn't real? Well Watson just said it was just obvious, and that was that.

Does anyone know why did the gasmask 'eyes' glowed red?

6/10

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 11 2012, 9:55 AM GMT

That's because Moff is a god, and everything else pales in comparison.

No, I don't think that's it.

Quote: Nogget @ January 11 2012, 9:56 AM GMT

I didn't think Sherlock's deductive powers were well demonstrated in the last episode. He 'deduced' the Major's password by looking at some books and then making a very lucky guess (not even 8 characters long!). He didn't even need to deduce what 'hound' meant, because he just happened to have heard of it before. How did they work out that the hound wasn't real? Well Watson just said it was just obvious, and that was that.

Does anyone know why did the gasmask 'eyes' glowed red?

6/10

If you start pulling at the loose threads the whole thing unravels very quickly...

Why would security at a top secret military base not check the photo on a passcard?

Even if Sherlock was Mycroft Holmes with top level clearance I'm not sure he'd have been allowed free reign of the site.

Why would a British Army Major have access to the CIA database in the first place?

However, this doesn't stop it from being a rip-roaring piece of TV drama, personally I loved it although this episode was weaker than the first.

The thing with Sherlock's deductions is that they are impossible, no one can work out where someone went to school from the dirt on their shoes, so you have to accept that Sherlock will make deductions in the same way that to enjoy Superman you have to accept that contrary to the laws of physics, he can fly.

I admit that it's easier to suspend belief when the explanation is closer to reality though.

I find it more entertaining when Sherlock's deductions appear to be clever, rather than just guesswork. Guessing isn't any fun, but putting together the pieces of a puzzle is (or appears to be).

Exactly this.