Female comedians Page 11

Quote: buyon ferry @ October 14 2010, 11:31 PM BST

I would also commend Caroline Aheren as a writer for her work on The Royal Family.

Well done, you obviously really like her as you've not only misspelt her name but also the name of the TV show, good stuff.

Lol. What? Why would me spelling her name wrongly have anything to do with me liking her or not. Good stuff.

Quote: buyon ferry @ October 15 2010, 1:41 AM BST

Lol. What? Why would me spelling her name wrongly have anything to do with me liking her or not. Good stuff.

Sorry, it's late and I was being grouchy, just for future reference, it's Caroline Aherne and the show was called "The Royle Family".

Has anyone made this joke yet?

Female comedians? Don't make me laugh.

Quote: Leevil @ October 15 2010, 2:18 AM BST

Female comedians? Don't make me laugh.

Laughing out loud

See? I'd like to see the chick that could come up with something that good.

Leevil is more of a woman than any of us.

Quote: Charley @ July 22 2010, 9:51 PM GMT

I applaud you. That she is.

Women can make fantastic comedians & one day one will be massive.

Jo Brand is pretty massive, and Dawn French

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2010, 10:36 PM GMT

Shame they're all bloody lesbains.

But only once a month.

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2010, 11:18 PM GMT

As someone said on Twitter the other day:

"Ever think, "I don't find women funny" might mean, "I don't think funny women will be impressed by me"?"

No.

Quote: buyon ferry @ October 14 2010, 6:13 PM GMT

Either way they still won't be making me laugh.

Female comedians would do well to remember that there are still plenty of men out there that share this sentiment.

Not so much those who go to open mic nights, but go to any comedy chain on a Friday or Saturday night and watch the expressions on the guys faces when a female comedian get on stage. Those men don't want to laugh at a woman.

Any female hoping to make it in the industry will have to be extremely talented, hard working and very thick-skinned.