Female comedians Page 10

Yeah, why not princess.

*giggles and gets back to the kitchen*

Quote: zooo @ October 14 2010, 10:45 PM BST

True, we shouldn't let people wind us up. But I don't think you can just assume everything everyone says is 'in character'. Otherwise there's barely any point conversing on here at all.

I didn't suggest you should assume he's in character: I said he might be or he might not be.

Accordingly, you shouldn't start plotting his murder (just yet).

Argue with him if you want but, if it's eating you up inside, it might be time to take a deep breath and assume he's just a wind-up merchant because, if you assume he's a dirty, low-down, no-good, sexist sonofafeckinbitch, you also have to assume your anger is exactly what he's trying to provoke - and he's won.

Deep breaths now.

And a cup of tea.

Hello, me again.

Is finding women less funny than men sexist? Certainly not worthy of having a parade of lesbains stampeding you.

There are a lot of lesbains about.

I don't think I ever said lesbians. I wouldn't be so homophobic.

;)

Quote: buyon ferry @ October 14 2010, 11:16 PM BST

Is finding women less funny than men sexist?

No, it isn't.

Overall, I find women significantly less funny than men but I'm a fan of many women comedians from Phyllis Diller to Sarah Millican.

I will co-sign Sarah Millican. She is quite funny. I would also commend Caroline Aherne as a writer for her work on The Royle Family. French and Saunders were good when they were around.

Quote: buyon ferry @ October 14 2010, 11:31 PM BST

I will co-sign Sarah Millican. She is quite funny. I would also commend Caroline Aherne as a writer for her work on The Royle Family. French and Saunders were good when they were around.

Shame they're all bloody lesbains.

Bloody lesbians *shakes fist*

Quote: buyon ferry @ October 14 2010, 11:16 PM BST

Is finding women less funny than men sexist?

Why is it always the most lumpenly charmless men who feel the need to loudly voice the opinion that women are unfunny? I am sure a pyschiatrist could explain. But in answer to your question, no finding women less funny than men does not make you a sexist, but the apparent need to put women down does mean you come across as rather creepy and misogynistic. And I

Quote: Timbo @ October 14 2010, 11:50 PM BST

Why is it always the most lumpenly charmless men who feel the need to loudly voice the opinion that women are unfunny? I am sure a pyschiatrist could explain. But in answer to your question, no finding women less funny than men does not make you a sexist, but the apparent need to put women down does mean you come across as rather creepy and misogynistic. And I think that applies regardless of whether or not you are 'in character'.

Having seen Lip Service that does not seem such a terrible fate.

In a thread titled "Female Comedians" with the question "does anyone find female comedians unfunny?"

Quote: Timbo @ October 14 2010, 11:50 PM BST

Why is it always the most lumpenly charmless men who feel the need to loudly voice the opinion that women are unfunny? I am sure a pyschiatrist could explain. But in answer to your question, no finding women less funny than men does not make you a sexist, but the apparent need to put women down does mean you come across as rather creepy and misogynistic. And I think that applies regardless of whether or not you are 'in character'.

As someone said on Twitter the other day:

Ever think, "I don't find women funny" might mean, "I don't think funny women will be impressed by me"?