Female comedians Page 6

Don't think it deserves a well written answer, to be fair!

Next.

Dawn French is an extremley pretty funny lady.

The richest seams of comedy gold are truths that the audience wants not to be true.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, that Maria Bamford is an extremely funny lady.

I'll abandon this topic now.

I'm getting hate mail.

Whatever became of Rita Rudner? An excellent stand-up and Ming might even have fancied her.

"Since 2001, Rudner has performed almost exclusively in Las Vegas, selling over one million tickets. She moved to a larger theatre at Harrah's in 2006 and is currently contracted to appear there through January 2012."

Quote: Timbo @ October 5 2010, 1:07 PM BST

Whatever became of Rita Rudner? An excellent stand-up and Ming might even have fancied her.

Timbo, how well you know me!

Good-looking women are by no means unknown in stand-up comedy. I was simply remarking upon their under-representation in the field.

The snag is that a number of people will inevitably interpret that as asking "Why are female comedians always ugly?"

I was neither pretty nor funny at school so it's a good thing I was really slutty.

:D

Whatever happend to Gilda Radner...?

*googles*

Oh.

Life is so much easier for girls.

Still, if it's a choice between dying too young, or having to listen to Gene Wilder bang-on endlessly about the "secret of comedy"... well... I'm only saying... :(

Quote: Timbo @ October 5 2010, 11:07 PM BST

Life is so much easier for girls.

It is if they play their cards right.

Once upon at time in the Dark Ages...