Psychoville Special Page 6

Especially loved Lomax's drawing of the murderer.

That was brilliant.

Thoroughly enjoyed that! However our V+ recording cut out the last scene at the desk. Can someone PM and tell me what I missed?

Disappointing. There were some good lines, but the stand alone stories within it were just a lazy rehash of the writers favourite films. And aside from the last two minutes it added nothing at all to the Psychoville universe. Not a patch on the LoG Christmas Special.

Quote: chipolata @ November 1 2010, 12:07 AM BST

Disappointing. There were some good lines, but the stand alone stories within it were just a lazy rehash of the writers favourite films.

They were? Didn't get that from it.

Quote: zooo @ November 1 2010, 12:10 AM BST

They were? Didn't get that from it.

For example, the Lomax story was just a riff on Asian horror film The Eye, right down to the fact it had Japanesers in it.

Enjoyed it. Yeah, you could spot the stuff they'd nicked from, but that's half the fun.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 1 2010, 12:05 AM BST

However our V+ recording cut out the last scene at the desk. Can someone PM and tell me what I missed?

Panic over, V+ recorded the last bit on the beginning of Genius. Glad I didn't miss it!

Quote: chipolata @ November 1 2010, 12:15 AM BST

For example, the Lomax story was just a riff on Asian horror film The Eye, right down to the fact it had Japanesers in it.

I noticed that, but I saw it as homage.

Quote: RJ @ November 1 2010, 12:15 AM BST

Enjoyed it. Yeah, you could spot the stuff they'd nicked from, but that's half the fun.

To a certain extent. But I'd have liked a bit more originality.

Ah, well rest assured they all worked even for those of us who didn't see any homages!

Quote: chipolata @ November 1 2010, 12:07 AM BST

And aside from the last two minutes it added nothing at all to the Psychoville universe.

But then the 'one shot' episode featuring Mark Gatiss from the first series didn't really have any position within the Psychoville world or teaching us anything; it was just a nice other episode.

Quote: Aaron @ November 1 2010, 12:21 AM BST

But then the 'one shot' episode featuring Mark Gatiss from the first series didn't really have any position within the Psychoville world or teaching us anything; it was just a nice other episode.

It was a nice episode but it did also throw light on the relationship between those two characters. And after it I certainly thought of them differently. The "stories" in this show didn't tell us anything new about the characters or progress the wider Psychoville story in any way.

Excellent and proper old skool Hammer Horror scares.

I could hear millions of viewers up and down the country, all saying "Ooh, look, it's Parking Pateyweo."

Ha! Yes, I was thinking that when I watched.
He'll always be Tea Leaf to me though.

Loved the Golliwog. Very funny.