Psychoville Special Page 7

I thought it was absolutely astounding. Looking at it from a different point of view, how cracking to have a programme, that works as a stand-alone, on Halloween?

Sometimes the comedy/horror were perhaps slightly too close together so I didn't get the full appreciation of both sequences (the EastEnders bit for example) but I loved it - the pumpkin bit with Pemberton was ace.

That was amaaaazing.

The EastEnders bit was my favourite.

Yep _ EastEnders was the funniest part, but, it went back to the 'darker' horror so quickly, I wasn't allowed to laugh for as long as it deserved.

I'm nitpicking mind - I loved it.

I thought it was the kind of stories you'd tell at a school sleepover :)

Quote: zooo @ November 1 2010, 12:01 AM BST

Especially loved Lomax's drawing of the murderer.

That made me lol a lot too.

Loved the whole portmanteau concept.

There were some very funny moments.

I really liked "They've put rats in my pringles."

But on the whole I found it a little bit disapointing. I actually thought the laugh count was quite low.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 1 2010, 10:58 AM BST

Loved the whole portmanteau concept.

Except I don't think it worked as true portmenteau. Dead of Night or Asylum worked because the stories had actually happened to the people involved, and by the end they realised they were dead or trapped in a recurring nightmare. Here the stories were a fable about meanness, a poorly researched story that didn't happen and a dream (can't remember what the Lomas story was supposed to be). So it was very wishy-washy portanteauing.

I would have liked each story to be an actual vignette from the characters twisted lives, and for their lives to have more of a bearing on the people telling the stories. It all seemed a bit slapdash.

Thought it was really good, though I was a touch confused for a moment when it seemed like Mr Jelly was dead; but then they were just supposed to be stories, not necesarrily actual events for the characters.

Is the guy who helps Mr Lomax Parking Pataweyo from Harry & Paul? They look similar.

I do hope David's Mother turns up somehow in the new series, they're a great comic pair.

I'm assuming with 4 dead that a fair few of the regulars are gone, and they're clearing the decks for new blood.

I don't remember what happened at the end of the last series. I will have to rewatch.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 1 2010, 11:24 AM BST

I don't remember what happened at the end of the last series. I will have to rewatch.

It showed you at the end of this, they were all together at the hospital, the other clown bloke blew them up.

Quote: chipolata @ November 1 2010, 11:23 AM BST

I'm assuming with 4 dead that a fair few of the regulars are gone, and they're clearing the decks for new blood.

A shame, as they were the best double act in this, and one of the few parts where Shearsmith and Pemberton actually interacted.

Yes sorry I remember the very end, but not the reast of the last episode. Sorry, that wasn't very clear.