The Devils Blurb: Episode 1 Page 5

It needs someone to co=ordinate it though and to some extent I've only been involved in certain bits so don't really know how it will all fit together.

How are we doing timewise - i.e. the length of this episode?

At the moment the sections are only in draft form and they are slotting together just fine so lets just get on with them until their all completed then we can review the length and any other issues but so far everything looks great.

so if everyone could send me what they've done via pm or on this thread David I've got yours so if you want to present to group thats fine Ica start putting newer stuff together

OK then. I'm fine and I'll wait until you tell me you want something else.

Leevil, what's your involvement in this now? After all, it's your idea. Gavin, is there anything specific that I should be working on? Should we all post what we've done so far and see what needs to be done? I'd be nice to see what the script, as a whole, looks like at the moment.

Okay I think we need to stop and refresh. Gavin what would you like Earman, David and myself to do next?

Quote: earman2009 @ May 11, 2007, 3:41 PM

Leevil, what's your involvement in this now? After all, it's your idea. Gavin, is there anything specific that I should be working on? Should we all post what we've done so far and see what needs to be done? I'd be nice to see what the script, as a whole, looks like at the moment.

I'm not a part of the project anymore, but I'm here to chip in with any help or ideas, if you need them... or not ;).

Right Guys I'm Back now and ready to kick the ass of the project so lets get to it!

Can I ask you all work on the montage scene with Catherine and Dev working through their List to find suitable souls I think if you each put foward two each that'd be fine. If you could get them done by tomorrow that should be enough time.

I'm going to deconstruct the plot into a Beat sheet in the next few hours and start assigning sections for people to do so we can get the draft finished. I think me waiting for Charley has push things off the tracks so lets push on without her for now and She can add in the later stages with her dialogue and ideas.

I'm not sure what this montage scene is.

Do you want actual people or a "type" of person?

for example

Catherine checks her next client she pulls down the file from her view to reveal the man sitting nervously with explosives strapped to his chest.

Well I imagine the montage to be a series of quick snaps, sketches even, of Dev and Cat convincing people to sell their souls for the best wish and that person enjoying there wish before it ironically kills them somehow and then their souls collected. And all this happening beneath James Brown's song 'I'm a soul man'

Sam & Dave ;)

Quote: Gavin @ May 11, 2007, 6:04 PM

Can I ask you all work on the montage scene with Catherine and Dev working through their List to find suitable souls I think if you each put foward two each that'd be fine. If you could get them done by tomorrow that should be enough time.

I've had a few more ideas. I don't know if it's too late to incorporate them or if anyone thinks they're good.

How about making this a Cut-price agency dealing with the lower end of the market. Such as Primark to Harrods. They could be called SoulSavas. The only thing is you don't get exactly what you hope for.

A few suggested characters:-

Serious actor - wants to work on the stage but ends up in a Soap.

Footballer - wants to play in the Premiership but ends up at a lower league team.

A Chef - wants to be Cordon Bleu but ends up in a Fast Food restaurant.

Model - wants to be in fashion but ends up sleazy magazine.

and finally ....

a Struggling Writer - wants to write best sellng novel but ends up working for a tabloid paper.

I like the idea of a cut cost agency but I think maybe they should be a rival company thats just my view though.

Beat Sheet
Act 1

• Sub Plot set into motion Charlotte’s (MAVIS) mother sells her soul
  • Dev is in office boasting he is going to have an easy few weeks working them over.
  • Dev and Catherine are called into Elza’s office and given their client list.
  • Before they start Dev pops out for a fag becomes apparent that they are no ordinary work place.
  • Act 2

• Jeremy Meets Charlotte, “if nothing else I might get a quickie before lunch” and fall in love with her voice
  • Dev lets Catherine in on the underhanded ways of soul collecting
  • Charlotte arrives for the recording of her first album Jeremy loses all credibility with his peers
  • Dev and Catherine Collect Souls in montage
  • Dev and Charlotte are one short of their target and Dev remembers Charlotte
  • We will see a reference in here that Jeremy and Catherine got married maybe in a news article in paper
  • Jeremy and Charlotte are on their wedding night and he wants to prove to the world she can sing
  • The Illusion is broken and Jeremy regrets shunning his peers
  • Chris appears and gives him a pep talk on Love and life and all that bollocks
  • Act 3

• A soul saved Jeremy now goes to win his wife back
  • Jeremy accidently kills Charlotte when going to comfort her
  • Dev and Catherine arrive as Jeremy is freaking out next to the body of his deceased wife
  • Dev makes him an ofer but Catherine muscles in and takes the soul filling her quota
  • End

I guess the ones crossed out are the ones basically completed.

Still a fair way to go then.

Do you not think it could open with a death and soul collection, and then flash back to how and why it happened?

Would you suggest we start with the death of Charlotte, then start our story. A non linear time line?

The beat sheet is to give everyone a clear Idea of what needs to be done and were its all going I think this is going to be invaluable as we dont have the real time feedback that we would if we were doing this...well in the real world then :D