The Devils Blurb: Episode 1 Page 6

I've just had an idea whilst writing a scene what do people think of this

Chris cannot come to the realm of living in his body unlike Dev and Catherine, because his earthly body was killed in a bar fight. So it is possible for the soul collectors to loose their bodies and they have to hijack other peoples bodies to get their job done

Quote: Gavin @ May 12, 2007, 4:10 PM

I've just had an idea whilst writing a scene what do people think of this

Chris cannot come to the realm of living in his body unlike Dev and Catherine, because his earthly body was killed in a bar fight. So it is possible for the soul collectors to loose their bodies and they have to hijack other peoples bodies to get their job done

I like that idea, a bit like Sam Becket, maybe it isn't just people's bodies he takes on but animals and objects too.

Heres a question, are we still going with the idea that each episode ends with a cliff hanger i.e Dev being done over by Cat so his boss sees a window of opportunity to get rid of him cos he is on his last chance and tells him to go collect a certain soul or he is out (and on his way to hell) and that soul being the Pope

Quote: Gavin @ May 12, 2007, 3:06 PM

• Jeremy and Charlotte are on their wedding night and he wants to prove to the world she can sing
  • The Illusion is broken and Jeremy regrets shunning his peers
  • Also are we going with the notion that Dev and Cat bend the rules to get the last soul so they trick the producer into hearing his wife singing as being really bad, when in fact she isn't. However the plan don't work cos he says he has now fallen in love with her (he was marrying her for the wealth and fortune he thought she'd bring him) and he don't care she can't sing and is poor. All seems lost for Ct and Dev when Chris accidentally kills the wife!

I thought what we should do is wind the sub plot up and let it run parrallel to the main story,

I sorta took a liberty with the work you guys did before because I wanted Jeremy to end up with nothing at the end and have to do something desperate to get back on top.

Also are we going with the notion that Dev and Cat bend the rules to get the last soul so they trick the producer into hearing his wife singing as being really bad, when in fact she isn't. However the plan don't work cos he says he has now fallen in love with her (he was marrying her for the wealth and fortune he thought she'd bring him) and he don't care she can't sing and is poor. All seems lost for Ct and Dev when Chris accidentally kills the wife!

It would be most intouch with character if it was Chris who undid Jeremy's bewitchment and make Jeremy realise the truth then he becomes a better human being because he's not just in love with her because she's got a good voice and looks like she'd melt the ice caps but because...uhhh, someone else can do that bit I am emotionally retarded. Any way Chris convices him to love her for her Jeremy agrees then she dies and the plan that started right at the beginning comes to fruition right at the end.

I just loved the visual of the rolling ambulance lights with jeremy crying over his dead wife and Cat and Dev approaching with an offer.

I do like the cliff hanger idea but I think in this case this ending is better, if you want write the alternative and we can compare though I am open to suggestions.

I just like the idea of Dev being really smug at the end, being really pleased with himself but just like Blackadder, his misadventures never really pan out and he always comes worse off, and so in this case the person he is showing off to throughout the episode comes out of her shell at the end to do him over and steals his praise. I think if we are doing the cliff hanger endings we should make it our trademark and that means doing it from the start

Quote: Gavin @ May 12, 2007, 3:25 PM

Would you suggest we start with the death of Charlotte, then start our story. A non linear time line?

You could start with Charlottes death, do it a bit like Pulp fiction, the end at the start

Scott I see where you're coming from, I think we should find what everyone else thinks about the ending I know I'm a pain in the arse when it comes to beginnings and ends I get them in my minds eye and thats it :)

Put it up to other guys then if we think we should do cliffhanger, or end with the "I think I got something that'll interest" you line

A Non linear story line Could work, I would like to open with Charlotte singing awfully and Jeremy saying "fantastic". Writing wise its no different from the beat sheet the scenes will just be in a different order is all.

What do you all think about doing the plot non linear?

It all depends how far we take it.

Do we complete one episode - maybe 2 at most - and synopsise (is that a word?) the rest?

personally I'd not involve the cliffhanger in the next episode.

I think we'll only write one ep and summarise the rest so my vote says cliff hanger ending. I hope people don't take this as being argumentative, its good to have opposing ideas, thats why you have different parties in parliament

No its good you have an opinion mate it'd be dull without opinions :)

I've only skimmed through the past posts so forgive me, but I think if you do a cliff hanger in the first episode you might back yourself up into a corner, keep it as simple as possible. And take it an episode at a time.

You would have to plan out the whole first episode again to make sense of the second otherwise it might look tacked on.

I agree with Leevil.

If anything does happen we could do a Time Tunnel - i.e. in effect start the next episode at the end of the previous one.

Okay I'll go with the majority vote, no cliff hanger ending.

So what is the next bit we are working on, the montage?

Ok guy Job assigning time again we've had some down time so back to it I think

Earman and Scott if you two can do this section its quite a large one.

Dev lets Catherine in on the underhanded ways of soul collecting
    # Dev and Catherine Collect Souls in montage
    # Dev and Charlotte are one short of their target and Dev remembers Charlotte
    # We will see a reference in here that Jeremy and Catherine got married maybe in a news article in paper

Dave Chapman is working on revision Chris kills Charlotte once your done with that can you move onto

Chris appears and gives him a pep talk on Love and life and all that bollocks

and I'm going to work on

# Dev is in office boasting he is going to have an easy few weeks working them over.
    # Dev and Catherine are called into Elza’s office and given their client list.
    # Before they start Dev pops out for a fag becomes apparent that they are no ordinary work place.

I would like these section finished by Tuesday 15th 8.30pm again any problems plase pm me

Can someone explain the following to me before I can do this piece.

Why is Chris at the scene?

Obviously he kills her by accident as he is the "goodie".

Is he there as himself or in someone else's body?

Chris is there in the body of a boom mic operator (part of camera crew). Chris is there to save Jeremy from selling his soul to regain his fame and glory, Chris could come in to stop them arguing?

I don’t know, that’s how I interpreted it any way