The Devils Blurb: Episode 1 Page 3

Until the plot guys are finished the dialogue guys are stumped so as soon as your doon we can get on.

We'll be "doon" tomorrow. It's coming alone quite well, I think. :)

So's Charley as you'll see on the other thread.

Ok guys the deadline is upon us can you please post the plots you've been working on so I can read and start to assign jobs. Thanks

Okay peeps, here it is. Me and Scott have come up with the following as the plot for our first epsiode:

Dev is talking to Catherine (or Katherine). He explains a few things, shows her the ropes. Elza hands them the quota for the week. Everything seems normal. They step out of the office are in hell and it becomes apparent that they are no ordinary office workers.

Sub plot begins. Jeremy is watching Charlotte sing. She sounds amazing. Little do we know that he is only hearing what he wants to hear as he has fallen for her.

Dev convinces Cat to take souls by any means necessary.

Montage of Dev and Cat taking souls. We can all chip in with ideas for this part.

Dev and Cat need one more soul so they need to trick someone so on the wedding night of the Producer and singer they make the singer sound terrible to make the producer get angry, maybe so he'll sell his soul to make her a good singer because he has so much money invested in her but it backfires because he ends up renouncing the music industry as shallow and he is in love and that is all that matters (he realises this with the help of Chris the heaven worker) but when everything looks glum for our duo Chris accidentally knocks the singer outta the penthouse window.

Over the course of the episode the devish, selfish Dev teaches Cat how to be just as dispicable as him, more so because at the end of the episode she steals all the glory and Dev chance of being in the bosses good books are dashed! And because he appears to have failed his task his boss see's a window of opportunity to get rid of him because by the rules she has to give Dev one last chance so the episode ends with Dev being given his next task....to collect the soul of the The Pope.

I'm going to check my PM's to see if I've missed something or put something in the wrong order, but I think that's correct. Scott, feel free to add anything I've missed.

It's over to the rest of you now. :)

Excellent work guys, any comments quickly before the dialogue team are set in motion?

Have you guys thought about how the episode'll open? is it in the office with introduction to new Girl?

I'm happy for the dialogue team to take it from here.

I have to apologise to you all I have allowed this to escape me a bit and now the whole thing is losing focus. I intend to rectify that these are the tasks for group members

Both to be finished in 1st draft format 7.30pm on the 7th

David & Earman
Plot B: The Death Sequence
On their wedding night the producer begs to listen to his wife’s beautiful singing voice, she obliges but the illusion is shattered and Producer realises that she sounds awful…

Charley & Scott
Plot A:
The introduction of Catherine…

If you guys are discussing ideas via PM I thinkit might be best if I'm kept part of the loop to keep the whole thing feeling like it's the same project.

Again any problems with deadlines please PM and I will try and arrange something

Quote: Gavin @ May 4, 2007, 7:16 PM

Have you guys thought about how the episode'll open? is it in the office with introduction to new Girl?

Yeah, I imagine it to start off in a normal standard office, nothing special, very oridinary. A woman is shown into a office by a secutary who sees a woman sat at a desk, again ordinary, and sat in front of her is Dev. The boss welcomes Cat in and says Dev will be helping you out on your first day, your quota of the day is 30 collections, Dev will fill you in on what and how things need doing and what'll happen if you miss your target. Right off you go.

All seems perfectly normal until they walk out of the office into the burning flames of hell, hit music and title sequence

Me and Charley can work on how Dev shows Cat the ropes, who Cat is and generally what happens between leaving te office and the montage scene

It sounds a bit like a Double Glazing firm. They give you a list of people who have "shown an interest" and then it's up to you to ring them up with the usual spiel.

"Hello there, I understand that you've shown an interest in selling your soul to the Devil."

Quote: David Chapman @ May 5, 2007, 12:01 AM

It sounds a bit like a Double Glazing firm. They give you a list of people who have "shown an interest" and then it's up to you to ring them up with the usual spiel.

Sounds like a great way to start the montage scene. Door opens, Dev and Cat stood there with there cool suits on, Dev dips his sunglasses and says with a smirk grin
"Hello there, I understand that you've shown an interest in selling your soul to the Devil."

Cue SFX James Brown 'I'm a soul man' and cue montage of hilarious soul collecting.

Maybe not be so out and out about it

"Hello there, I understand that you've shown an interest in our serivces."

Ok we're cooking on gas on the PM guys good stuff Scott I will have to take Charely's place and work with you on PLot A. We're all doing great so far guys

As I can't be arsed to check, when's the next deadline (today?) and what are we expected to have done?

Today is meant for the drafts of the sections I assigned which has been completed posting them will be tomorrow now after I've gone through them