Do men and women have a different sense of humour? Page 8

On a related point to this thread, the lack of women in comedy has been discussed before; but are a disproportionate number of them lesbians? I wondered this whilst listening to The News Quiz last night, where two of the three women were lesbian, compared to a national average of 1 in 16.

Haha!
Well I must say I hadn't noticed a high number of lesbonics.

*does a mental head count*
*only comes up with four*

Sue Perkins sometimes turns up on The News Quiz, too. Maybe they're attracted to the BBC?

Aren't we all!

Quote: sglen @ February 25 2010, 3:01 PM GMT

Is the whole idea of men being threatened by funny women a myth? (I've always presumed so...)

I've never understood that, why would you want to go out with, or be friends with, someone who wasn't funny??

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 27 2010, 12:03 PM GMT

why would you want to go out with, or be friends with, someone who wasn't funny??

Yeah...I'm not even sure why people who aren't funny are allowed to live.

:P

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 27 2010, 12:03 PM GMT

I've never understood that, why would you want to go out with, or be friends with, someone who wasn't funny??

If you really want to know, I'll ask the people who want to go out with me.

Quote: Nogget @ February 27 2010, 11:46 AM GMT

Sue Perkins sometimes turns up on The News Quiz, too. Maybe they're attracted to the BBC?

What's Mel Giedroyc's favourite brand of cigarettes?

Sue Perkins.

I don't get it.

Oh, now I do!

Ahem...

Quote: Grace Cunnington @ February 27 2010, 10:26 AM GMT

When you were at school, if you were a boy having a sense of humour meant pouring salt on the head of the girl who sat in front of you so it would look as though she had dandruff. If you were a girl, having a sense of humour meant laughing when someone poured salt on your head. - Ann Beatts.

Did Ann Beatts go to school in The Beano?

Tusc, you mean did she go to Bash Street comprehensive! Really, and a man of your erudition.

Quote: zooo @ February 27 2010, 3:17 PM GMT

I don't get it.

I guess you have to be in with tobacco culture.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ February 27 2010, 7:37 PM GMT

Tusc, you mean did she go to Bash Street comprehensive! Really, and a man of your erudition.

I didn't want to be that specific.

Does it mean then that she likes to 'bum' Sue Perkins? I didn't think MG was of her erstwhile partner's persuasion.

Apparently there's a brand of cigarette called 'Super Kings'.

Oh yes of course there is, I occasionally step on the empty packets that the chavs from the lower floors have dropped. It does rather ruin the image I had conjured tho, so I'll stick with that if you don't mind.