Do men and women have a different sense of humour? Page 10

Yeah, but none of the females you mention would get anywhere near a Top 3 List would they? In mine, yours, or any sane person's mind.

Quote: jim field @ March 8 2010, 3:17 PM GMT

Yeah, but none of the females you mention would get anywhere near a Top 3 List would they? In mine, yours, or any sane person's mind.

What kind of top 3 list are we talking about though? The populist kind that might very well include Michael McIntyre?

We are talking about a respected and sensible Top3. McIntyre would absoutely not feature. Ditto: women.

Quote: jim field @ March 8 2010, 3:46 PM GMT

We are talking about a respected and sensible Top3.

So, not your Top 3 then?

Quote: jim field @ March 8 2010, 3:46 PM GMT

We are talking about a respected and sensible Top3. McIntyre would absoutely not feature. Ditto: women.

Explain what a 'sensible' top 3 is. Is it voted by general consensus? Because that McIntyre fellow is pretty hot right now!

You are just being a daft egg now. No one in their right mind would suggest that Michc**t McInc**t is in the top3 standups of all time.

Quote: jim field @ March 8 2010, 3:52 PM GMT

You are just being a daft egg now. No one in their right mind would suggest that Michc**t McInc**t is in the top3 standups of all time.

Sure they would, people have short memories. And don't forget, the wrong-minded vote too.

And the odd non-misogynist!

Quote: jim field @ March 8 2010, 3:52 PM GMT

You are just being a daft egg now.

We know you are, but what are we?

Quote: David Bussell @ March 8 2010, 4:03 PM GMT

Sure they would, people have short memories. And don't forget, the wrong-minded vote too.

Which is why whenever they do a 'greatest album of all time' vote, recent releases are overrepresented.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/may/20/boardroom-humour-women

Quote: zooo @ March 8 2010, 2:47 PM GMT

Ages ago texted, they want their really old thing back.

Laughing out loud

So she's scientifically proven women aren't funny.

Excelent.

I demand the BBC stop wasting money on unfunny women comics. And Miranda Hart must be released back into the wild.

Remember every unfunny women comic, is denying a funny male comic a job.

Be interested to know how many people it involved in total. Also thing like the relationship each leader had to the people they were leading in the meeting. Also seven is not really that many people, so it's possible that the seven men just happen to funny. It'd be like picking 7 people in their 30's and seven in their 40's and saying that one group was funnier just becuase they got more laughs.

Quote: jim field @ March 8 2010, 3:11 PM GMT

Would a single female performance get anywhere near a Top 3 in any of the following genres?

1 - Standup
2 - Sitcom
3 - Sitcom character

Answer = Negatoid.

There's nothing wrong with this, it is just a fact.

Look, I love a bit of Silverman. Sure, why not? And she is very funny. But the depth of your Chris Rocks, your Gervaiss, your Davids, your Shandlings, just is not there.

True Story.

That's rubbish because apart from Gervais all those you mention are Yanks and everyone knows Yanks aren't funny.

Caroline Ahern has written and performed some brilliant stuff. And there are loads of great Females in sitcoms.

Personally, I'd say no, for myself at least (I love dark, dry humour and cannot stand LOL SO QUIRKY AND RANDOM XDDD 'comedy'), but I know there are a lot of females who seem to like comics just for their looks, i.e Russell Howard.

His fanbase seems to be mainly teenage girls who thinks he's fit and the comedy is a bonus.

Although, obviously, it's bad to generalize.