Any feedback on our re-launch? Page 4

Quote: chipolata @ February 17 2010, 9:55 AM GMT

I don't care for the pink bar at the top of the page.

Not the first pink bar you've seen, I'll wager. *titter*

Quote: john lucas 101 @ February 17 2010, 10:15 AM GMT

Not the first pink bar you've seen, I'll wager. *titter*

This from Snoozy-Spilly Tea!

Quote: EllieJP @ February 17 2010, 10:13 AM GMT

It's meant to be a faded red.

:O Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ February 17 2010, 10:17 AM GMT

This from Snoozy-Spilly Tea!

Yeah, the eighth dwarf.

Quote: Mark @ February 16 2010, 4:04 PM GMT

If you've any feedback about our message board, or any other part of this website (positive or negative) we'd love to hear from you. This forum is also the place to let us know about any bugs in our upgraded forum software. Cheers.

Hi Mark. The site is displaying with a fixed width on a Mac.

I tested it in Safari 4.0.4, Opera 10.10 and Firefox 3.5.3. (I'm assuming that the way it displays in IE6 is what you're after).

You've also got some padding/margin issues - the usual 1 pixel stuff you get when you develop in Explorer.

The pages number boxes aren't displaying properly either - not even in IE6.

Quote: chipolata @ February 17 2010, 9:55 AM GMT

I don't care for the pink bar at the top of the page.

That was there before Chip.

Quote: Mark @ February 16 2010, 6:45 PM GMT

As Aaron says, sorry, no you won't. Basically the critique threads were starting to take over the Active Topics section. It's great that the forum is doing well, but some of our visitors are not interested in comedy writing so we won't want to flood them with Critique stuff. We think the compromise works well though...

If you're logged in (and have said in your profile you're a writer) then they will all show up in Active Topics.

Ha, ha! Mark you should become a politician. You've basically said that people who post regularly are less important than casual viewers who only come to see when a DVD of will come out.

I understand why you've done this but if you try to shape the forum too much people will leave. I hope you will offer a similar courtesy to 'Critique' regulars by protecting them from 'introductions' threads and other fripperies they may not want to see... ;)

Incidentally I just posted in critique and it didn't show up in my active threads. Clicking on my log-in icon no longer brings up my last ten posts.

Aaargh! How do I log out without having to switch my computer off?!

How do I unsubscribe from threads?!

I don't want to be logged in here forever and I don't want my Inbox full of cack.

Help!

Renegade, top right there's an (account/log out) button. Click there to edit your profile settings or to log out.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ February 17 2010, 11:29 AM GMT

Clicking on my log-in icon no longer brings up my last ten posts.

I was going to bring this point up, but Godot's done it. Be nice if we could have the last ten posts thing back, just so's we can pick up where we left off. Ta.

Quote: EllieJP @ February 17 2010, 1:24 PM GMT

Renegade, top right there's an (account/log out) button. Click there to edit your profile settings or to log out.

Ah, there it is, thank you Ellie.

XXX Hug <3 Lovey

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ February 17 2010, 1:49 PM GMT

Ah, there it is, thank you Ellie.

XXX Hug <3 Lovey

:D Angelic

I like the fact that you can now choose which page you want to go to in a thread.

I did notice that when browsing my the BlackBerry that it cuts off the right hand side of posts further down the page, until eventually you can only see the avatar.

That's fruit for you!

Quote: Mark @ February 16 2010, 6:45 PM GMT

If you're logged in (and have said in your profile you're a writer) then they will all show up in Active Topics. If you're using your personal computer to browse the forum there's no reason to logout ever (tick 'Remember Me' when you sign in).

If you're not logged in, you can still look at the critique forum for a run-down of all the new stuff in there.

Isn'y this all somewhat over elaborate and it won't cover all possible cases. Me for instance, I don't fall in any of those tick boxes of 'being a witer' because I'm a writer support-person.
:D

So would it not be simpler and more useful to add tick-boxes for every section to the profile, and each person ticks those which s/he wishes to be included in his/her active-threads display.

Quote: chipolata @ February 16 2010, 11:53 PM GMT

I would have liked some new emoticons.

Might add some when the proper relaunch comes.

Quote: EllieJP @ February 17 2010, 8:56 AM GMT

Ooooh and me. Aaron, can you make us all pretty moderator avatars?

Perhaps. Suggestions?

Quote: john lucas 101 @ February 17 2010, 1:27 PM GMT

I was going to bring this point up, but Godot's done it. Be nice if we could have the last ten posts thing back, just so's we can pick up where we left off. Ta.

They'll show up on your profile page soon.