Any feedback on our re-launch? Page 29

It's amusing that this version of g o t t e n is forbidden, presumably because the language has moved on, but the newer g o t t e n is also forbidden because it's a "creeping Americanism", i.e. part of the language moving on.

Quote: Harridan @ December 2 2012, 3:05 PM GMT

No, most recent cited spelling in that entry is Gladstone in 1894 but your bloody auto-correct changed it.

Ah! >_< Of course.

I'd consider 'wont' and 'gotten' to be fairly regularly used words. No wonder people rarely have a scooby what I'm on about.

This may not be a website issue, but it annoys me that I have to click to write in my user-name rather than the clicky-mousey-thing already being on the space.
Immensely impatient and easily irritated AJGO :)

Do you sign out and in then?

I try to. I don't trust my internet connection to not make me have to borrow a computer, I don't trust my cat to not walk across the keyboard, and I don't trust myself to not sit here all day clicking 'refresh' instead of occasionally doing some work

:D

I hate being signed out of stuff, especially as passwords these days are required to be impossible to guess and even remember.

Quote: AJGO @ December 3 2012, 2:57 PM GMT

the clicky-mousey-thing

I don't know why but I absolutely love that expression!

Quote: Lee @ December 3 2012, 3:13 PM GMT

I hate being signed out of stuff, especially as passwords these days are required to be impossible to guess and even remember.

I got so fed up with continuously going through the various "I have forgotten my password" processes that I now keep a coded notebook with all my online usernames and passwords in it!

Coded? British Comedy Guide = Scottish Remedy Guy?

Quote: Harridan @ December 3 2012, 3:21 PM GMT

I got so fed up with continuously going through the various "I have forgotten my password" processes that I now keep a coded notebook with all my online usernames and passwords in it!

That's far too organised for me. I have my own system although I can't really explain it otherwise it would make it pointless, so... Errr

You tattoo'd them on your body like the guy in "Memento".

Are the emoticons that can be put next to thread titles necessary for any reason other than to warn us away from ever opening them, and if so, could the icon not just be changed to a cross symbol, or a picture of Piers Morgan?

I am loving this site, it's already given me a few ideas for DVDs to buy from the shop section and the TV schedule bit is brilliant, I've already seen a few things I've never heard of before listed so I'm going to be watching them.

There is just one suggestion I have that might improve the site a little. In the news tab there are loads of articles that are brilliant but unfortunately there isn't any way of directly commenting on the story, you know like a comment box. I'm sure there will be forum posts about each topic but I do think it would be easier to have comment boxes under the news stories to post directly on that page. just an idea. :)

Why does the picture for Carry On Regardless here feature Carlos Tevez and Teddy Sheringham, among others?