Community Page 8

From their facebook feed: :)

Chevy Chase will be leaving before the end of the new Season. He always seems very down on one of the best things he's ever been involved in.

It's gonna be interesting to see what the writers do with Chevvy leaving. I think after this season, the series is only a few episodes away from sindication so it would seem crazy not to carry on for some form of another season.

You don't necessarily have to hit 100 episodes for syndication anymore, I very much doubt there'll be anything more than this last dozen or whatever. The season three finale was such a great place to leave Greendale forever.

Yep you're probably right and I just noticed that it's already been syndicated by numerous channels, including Comedy Central. I agree with you about the season 3 finale, I just hope this seasons will be as good.

Just started on this
Enjoying so far
Will watch a couple more tonight

The fourth (Dan Harmon-less) season finally starts next week.

We'll see.

Well I'm halfway through season Two.
And I heartily approve of this show.

Community returns tonight, exciting :)

It felt weird, but I don't know how much of that comes from knowing Harmon wasn't involved. There seems to be a worrying lack of chemistry between Glover and Jacobs as a couple though. Overall it seemed like the new showrunners went a little too far to be all 'it's still gonna be as weird as it was before!'.

Maybe they overcompensated in this opener by throwing too much crazy stuff at one episode, so it all felt a little much and none of the threads were given enough space, but that was still a pretty enjoyable episode of Community. Loved how they commented on the whole 'new doesn't have to mean bad' thing, and the pop ups for fake shows.

Interesting take on this opener from the episodes writer (Obviously maybe don't read if you haven't seen the episode):

"What sticks out to you to as being too ambitious as far as moments in the opener go?

In the episode, we're doing an Abed fantasy sequence, a movie parody, animation, recasting Pierce, the multi-cam trick, Abed descending into a psychotic break, a movie parody, Dean in a dress, establishing Troy and Britta's relationship - which we didn't do very well. It just ends up being sort of a free-standing scene - trying to do a C-story with Shirley and Annie. When I look at that whole mess, I guess I can say, on the positive side, it's amazing that we worked it all together because there's so much going on. Then, I [feel] we shouldn't have done that much stuff. When I look at it, the critiques that I'm anticipating are "This is a sign of new showrunners trying desperately to assure die-hard fans that we're still gonna be the same." Especially, that we threw in animation. We tried to do an Abed's descent into madness [story] that admittedly doesn't work half as well as Abed's Christmas madness story. Maybe the review that I'm anticipating is there's a hint of desperation in the season opener. There's too many tricks and because of that, we're robbing from actual storytelling.

If we did it over again, I wouldn't have done a Troy/Britta story or a Shirley/Annie story. I would have lumped everyone into The Hunger Games, and just done those two stories. Some version of people competing to get into a class, paired with Abed seeing the world differently in multi-camera. It would have just made it two stories instead of five [LAUGHS]."

Full interview: http://splitsider.com/2013/02/talking-to-community-writer-andy-bobrow-about-last-nights-season-premiere/

I was really surprised to find out Bobrow was the credited writer, I assumed it was one of the new people overcompensating.

When your opening gag is an old Big Bang Theory joke and your out to the first break is the line "I'm going to get a refill" it's probably about time you all moved onto something else.