Community Page 11

Gonna have to go back and watch season 4 and see if it's better now that we know there was a gas leak. Kudos to Dan Harmon for making his returning touch retroactive.

Two new eps were on last night and... they felt right. Not the funniest episodes of the show (though Abed turning into Nic Cage was hilarious) but it instantly felt more comfortable again.

Oh, and Mike from Breaking Bad as the Pierce replacement is very promising!

I think my favourite moment from both episodes was the dean's little song. Happy its back, too bad this is the last season. Also too bad Donald Glover is putting his rap carrer ahead of Community. I can't help but think most his audience is there to see Troy more than Donald.

Quote: MTpromises @ 6th January 2014, 8:37 PM GMT

I think my favourite moment from both episodes was the dean's little song. Happy its back, too bad this is the last season.

Perhaps, though it's seemed like that on every season! I read it's low return figures were still higher than some of the channels other sitcom ratings that week, so you never know.

E03 is brilliant. It's funny that a 'concept episode' is what feels like the real return of Community at its best, after two episodes setting up the new dynamic.

Quote: MTpromises @ 6th January 2014, 8:37 PM GMT

Happy its back, too bad this is the last season.

At the moment we're living in an alternate universe where this is the highest rated NBC sitcom on a Thursday night, so there's every chance it'll be back (and hopefully with a full 22+ episode order).

I thought the Britta line "that's like me blaming owls for how much I suck at analogies" was incredible, that's from the 30 Rock school of turning a joke inside out. I wasn't quite as taken with the Fincher parody as I could have been, but that's probably because it inhabits a similar space to season three's Basic Urine Lupology which is easily my favourite of the concept episodes.

Quote: Vince Ives @ 11th January 2014, 3:03 PM GMT

I wasn't quite as taken with the Fincher parody as I could have been, but that's probably because it inhabits a similar space to season three's Basic Urine Lupology which is easily my favourite of the concept episodes.

Oh no, loved that one! Best episode the series has had since season 3.

ASS CRACK BANDIT-!!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 11th January 2014, 3:26 PM GMT

Oh no, loved that one! Best episode the series has had since season 3.

ASS CRACK BANDIT-!!

Have you ever seen the guy who plays Garrett's stand up? His voice alone cracks me up.
CRISIS ALERT!

I have not, didn't know he was a stand up. But yes, absurd funny voice. I recall him popping up in an early episode of Maron, too.

Last night's episode was just perfect. They strive for that laughs/heart ratio every week but rarely nail it like that.

Yes, latest episode was great; funny and touching. This show really is back on top form thanks to Harmon. Be sad to see Troy leave though.

Mild spoiler ahead!!

I thought naming the boat he's sailing off on Childish Tycoon was a nice touch. I just wish Donald Glover would have heeded the warning of Shelley Long and rode out the show.

Troy's exit was both beautiful and silly in the right way, that's the heart that was missing last year . . .

The lava ep was more top notch Community. But how will things fare now we're another lead character down..?

Well the first 4 episodes of the season were deliberately light on Troy, so I can't see the transition being too jarring. I just want me more Jonathan Banks.