Things that piss you off Page 883

Quote: zooo @ February 27 2012, 1:27 PM GMT

..he is one of the only scientists on TV I can actually understand..

Who are your others?

I watch the Royal Institution science lectures on TV, and since they are technically directed at kids, I can understand them too. :)

PLUS... Johnny Ball.
Bring him back.

Quote: zooo @ February 27 2012, 1:47 PM GMT

PLUS... Johnny Ball.
Bring him back.

He's usually on daughter Zoe's saturday morning show on Radio 2.

Oh yes, I keep hearing about that, didn't know he was still doing it though.
His voice takes me straight back to childhood. Love him.

That radio-advert for bowel cancer pisses me off.

I really don't want to hear people talking about "loose bowel movements" and telling their doctor that "my poo has blood in it" while I'm eating my breakfast.

Quote: 404 Not Found @ February 27 2012, 7:12 PM GMT

I really don't want to hear people talking about "loose bowel movements" and telling their doctor that "my poo has blood in it" while I'm eating my breakfast of poo with blood in it.

Yeh I wouldn't want to think of that, whilst eating that.

Quote: zooo @ February 27 2012, 1:47 PM GMT

I watch the Royal Institution science lectures on TV, and since they are technically directed at kids, I can understand them too. :)

PLUS... Johnny Ball.
Bring him back.

Yes, I enjoy those shows too. You mean the Christmas lectures?

Yep!
I think they make them all year though, on the website. (Or in real life if you wanted to go see them.)

Awesome!

People who always change/cancel plans at the last minute and expect you to be fine about it but get annoyed when on the rare occasion you have to cancel.

Been able to find a receipt for everything I bought last week except for the one I need to take something back.

The 'poo' advert is meant to do just what it does. And at breakfast time it will catch many people. (lets face it - that time of day for most is just when they have done their morning ablutions)

It might be disgusting to younger people and off putting - but to people who might have been worrying about the same symptoms, it just might be the spur to make them go see the doctor. (and save their life)

It's just the use of that word. It sounds so ridiculous.

There aren't any words for it that sound better, really. But the word sounds so juvenile in a serious ad, so it comes across as all wrong.

Why do they always insist on making the episode selection indicator icons on DVDs invisible to the naked eye?

Hmm yes let's use a tiny dark yellow arrow on a yellow background

Imbeciles

Quote: 404 Not Found @ February 27 2012, 7:12 PM GMT

I really don't want to hear people talking about "loose bowel movements" and telling their doctor that "my poo has blood in it" while I'm eating my breakfast.

I nearly stalled the car the first time I heard it. Just sounds sooo wrong. I'd love to hear the feedback from their market research though.

'99% percent of people don't like the word 'poo' on the radio.'