Things that piss you off Page 881

Quote: zooo @ February 23 2012, 11:56 PM GMT

I used to name my potplants. They were usually called Cedric.

Not a great name choice for a human, but pretty good for a cactus.

Laughing out loud Aw

Not a great name choice for a human, but pretty good for a cactus.

I used to name the resident spiders in my house - the spindly type that sit in the corner and don't move. There was a spot in my bathroom that must have been prime spider real estate because after Zorro or Rodriguez or Miguel started to get too big or too active they would go in the vacuum cleaner, and the next day there was a new spider in the corner.

Did you used to hear them playing Mariachi music or something?

no, I just found it pleasing to give them incongruous names. Helped me to find them less terrifying!

Quote: keewik @ February 23 2012, 11:47 PM GMT

I wanted to call our sons Hengist and Ossian but Mr. K wouldn't agree. *weeps*

I think if you are going to saddle your children with names form legend you should stick with a consistent mythical canon; so perhaps Finn and Ossian, or better, Hengest and Horsa.

There was a man on telly the other day called Merlin.
VERY cool name, but he didn't really carry it off very well.

Quote: Harridan @ February 24 2012, 10:39 AM GMT

no, I just found it pleasing to give them incongruous names. Helped me to find them less terrifying!

Aw. I think giving them names might make me feel a bit more guilty for stamping on them. Errr

Quote: zooo @ February 24 2012, 11:12 AM GMT

Aw. I think giving them names might make me feel a bit more guilty for stamping on them. Errr

Oh no...makes you feel like an all-powerful dictator! Mwahahaha! You live and die at my whim, puny creatures!*

*I'm evil

Oooh, might try it then.

Being charged £9 to use my credit card to book flights, then they have the cheek to offer allocated seat numbers for an additional fee of £9!

And then....finding out my friend got her flights for £26 cheaper, she only booked hers like 2 minutes before me. This makes me Angry Ange!

;)' Tryon Air' or 'Queasy Jet' ? both guilty.

Quote: Harridan @ February 24 2012, 10:26 AM GMT

I used to name the resident spiders in my house - the spindly type that sit in the corner and don't move. There was a spot in my bathroom that must have been prime spider real estate because after Zorro or Rodriguez or Miguel started to get too big or too active they would go in the vacuum cleaner, and the next day there was a new spider in the corner.

When I was little, I said all spiders were called Cyril. Or Sybil for girls.

TTPYO - when you decide to get your hair cut, and so of course the next time you wash it it looks really good and you wonder if you really need it cutting...

Quote: Harridan @ February 24 2012, 10:26 AM GMT

Real estate? Are you a closet Yank?

'Take Me Out'

Witless half arsed lamb brained show that typifies everything that's wrong with this country.

My son named two grapes Songa and Songit when he was about 5, and we weren't allowed to eat them, still have no idea where he conjured up the names from.

I like that name.

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 26 2012, 8:09 PM GMT

'Take Me Out'

Witless half arsed lamb brained show that typifies everything that's wrong with this country.

Very true

I someone's think I live in a country populated mostly by bloody morons