Things that piss you off Page 659

How's that internet dating working out?

Quote: chipolata @ February 22 2011, 5:25 PM GMT

It must be a horrible soul destroying job, though. To spend day after day and week after week being rejected by people who despise you.

Maybe set your sights a little lower....?

It must be a horrible soul destroying job, though. To spend day after day and week after week being rejected by people who despise you.

Yes, although it's hard to feel sorry for them, when they disturb me at my work. Why should my work be made to suffer? Thinking about it, maybe I should try to sell them something...

Quote: sootyj @ February 22 2011, 5:27 PM GMT

How's that internet dating working out? Maybe set your sights a little lower....?

I'm a member of the BCG, Soots! It's not technically possible to set your sights any lower.

It is genuinely a horrible horrible job.

A cold caller hung up on my mum the other day. Surely that's the wrong way around!

Quote: zooo @ February 22 2011, 5:41 PM GMT

A cold caller hung up on my mum the other day. Surely that's the wrong way around!

Depends how annoying your mom is. Pleased

Hehe.
He said he was going to ask her some questions to see if she was eligible for some offer, he asked if she was between 35 and 45, she said no, and he hung up. The rude f**ker.

Quote: zooo @ February 22 2011, 5:48 PM GMT

Hehe.
He said he was going to ask her some questions to see if she was eligible for some offer, he asked if she was between 35 and 45, she said no, and he hung up. The rude f**ker.

That sounds dodgy. Why wouldn't he want to sell stuff to a 34 year-old? Call me a suspicious old scrote, but I reckon he was going to ask a series of questions to gain details of her identity and then steal it. Maybe he needed a 40 year-old to fit in with his stolen passport or somesuch.

Oooooo.

Scary.

Quote: Nogget @ February 22 2011, 5:18 PM GMT

Cold callers ( as if they aren't bad enough anyway) who get indignant when you don't want to talk to them. I had one today who turned up, and I told him I don't need to buy anything; the smartarse started saying "what, you don't need to buy *anything*? No food, no clothes?".

I can't be bothered to spend any time ranting to them about it, what I need is a big hidden death pit for them to plummet into as I shut the door.

Just say, "Sorry, I haven't got my hearing aid in, I'll go get it". Then go inside and shut the door & forget them.

Cool

Quote: zooo @ February 22 2011, 5:48 PM GMT

Hehe.

Yes, I find most cold callers are doing that nowadays.

I think perhaps the kids who were never caned at school for being rude to their elders, have now reached the age where they get jobs as cold callers.

Whistling nnocently

being stuck on a boiling bus full of a load of geriatrics all of which smell of piss and buscuits I feel violently sick.

Are those special biscuits - just for the bus (buscuits)

BA are a shower of b@sterds!

They want to charge me £220 to change a flight, that cost me over £240.

It's going to cost nearly 500 quid to get to Glasgow for the weekend, I feel like crying. :(

F**k! :(

Can you not get a refund and get the train?

Tickets are non-refundable, and I didn't take travel insurance.

The cheapest train tickets are £115 each so for 2 to go it's £230.

How the hell is it so expensive to get to Glasgow? I could get to Paris cheaper, damn my Scottishness!