Things that piss you off Page 1,738

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd June 2018, 10:24 PM

It's happening again. Almost a year to the day. Freezing in Sainsburys this morning.

Oh, come off it Bunter. You told us your pater owns the Waitrose in Courtfield, so what were you doing in Sainsburys? Banned from Waitrose again?

Quote: Kenneth @ 24th June 2018, 2:01 AM

Oh, come off it Bunter. You told us your pater owns the Waitrose in Courtfield, so what were you doing in Sainsburys? Banned from Waitrose again?

Well of course I'd far rather shop in Waitrose. More my class of person. But my postal Order hasn't arrived.

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd June 2018, 9:31 PM

Typical jammy fkn Germans

They're the Man Utd of international football

When they went down to ten men I knew 110% they would go on a win regardless

Wankers!

True. My face stayed as straight as a Roman road when they scored last second. Brilliant goal though. That's definitely a wig their number one wears - he looks like the bad guy from No Country for Old Men

They're not through yet though. Knowing how jammy they are it's most likely but not a certainty.

I had a really bad argument with my wife and I don't think we'll ever get over it. She said, 'Michael, you are lazy, vulgar and intellectually arrogant. You never make an effort. You never take me out. You don't even try for my friends and family. You have no interest in anything except yourself, alcohol and telly. You drink too much. smoke too much, swear too much. You don't have a job we can rely on. You're overweight, unhealthy and inept. You have the prowess of a 90-year-old, the sense of humour of a 3-year-old and the brain of a Spice Girl.' I said, 'Don't you EVER...'

So back in the day I was like how cool. Right from the get go.

American people who pronounce police like pow-leese and every syllable in vehicle like veh-i-cle. It must be a regional thing but it pisses me right off. Not hopping mad but still pissed off.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th June 2018, 8:45 PM

American people who pronounce police like pow-leese and every syllable in vehicle like veh-i-cle. It must be a regional thing but it pisses me right off.

I've never heard an American pronounce "vehicle" any way other than with 3 syllables. Probably because the word has 3 syllables.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th June 2018, 8:59 PM

I've never heard an American pronounce "vehicle" any way other than with 3 syllables. Probably because the word has 3 syllables.

Good point, I could have been clearer with what I meant. They over pronounce it almost pausing between each syllable.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th June 2018, 9:03 PM

Good point, I could have been clearer with what I meant. They over pronounce it almost pausing between each syllable.

Southern, probably. The same goes for "police" but many African Americans say it that way, too. As does Mike Jagger in the song 'Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker).'

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th June 2018, 9:03 PM

He means Ve-Hi-cle instead of just Ve-icle.

Another thing the Yanks do that pisses me off is pronounce Herbs as 'Erbs. There's a f**king "H" in front.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th June 2018, 9:31 PM

He means Ve-Hi-cle instead of just Ve-icle.

Unlike some folks who shall remain nameless, we tend to pronounce the letter h.

Quote: Chappers @ 25th June 2018, 9:31 PM

Another thing the Yanks do that pisses me off is pronounce Herbs as 'Erbs. There's a f**king "H" in front.

Except when we don't pronounce our h's. :)

Quote: DaButt @ 25th June 2018, 9:33 PM

Unlike some folks who shall remain nameless, we tend to pronounce the letter h.

Except as mentioned above in'Erbs! Its HERBS!!!!!!!

How does aluminium become..

Alloooooominum

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th June 2018, 9:52 PM

How does aluminium become..

Alloooooominum

Sheer laziness - or ignorance.