Things that piss you off Page 1,707

Sorry to derail the DVD discussion, but I have to get this off my chest: people who walk slowly AND swerve - makes it impossible to overtake! Please tell me I'm not alone here, it drives me crazy!

Add a bloody supermarket trolley to that and I'm with you totally. I can't believe how completely oblivious some folk are to other people in the aisles.

Quote: dyham @ 7th April 2017, 2:46 PM

Sorry to derail the DVD discussion, but I have to get this off my chest: people who walk slowly AND swerve - makes it impossible to overtake! Please tell me I'm not alone here, it drives me crazy!

Yes! Very much not alone. I can put up with old people doing it, except when I'm at work trying to get down a long hallway and am in a rush and someone manages to block the entire path and they're too deaf to hear me if I bother to try to politely ask them to let me past.

But yeah generally drives me nuts!

Davida, just give them a good kick in the arse! I'm an old person, I suppose, but I'm super aware of keeping me and my trolley from blocking people. Unfortunately Mr. K must be on the slide as I often have to remind him of his position. But then, he's used to me kicking his arse. Laughing out loud

People who stop to chat to each other blocking the entrance to aisles peeve me off especially when it's the alcohol aisle.

Quote: keewik @ 7th April 2017, 11:37 PM

Davida, just give them a good kick in the arse! I'm an old person, I suppose, but I'm super aware of keeping me and my trolley from blocking people. Unfortunately Mr. K must be on the slide as I often have to remind him of his position. But then, he's used to me kicking his arse. Laughing out loud

Are you properly old? I'm talking about 90+ year olds shuffling along with walkers, or canes at the very least, or wheeling around in wheelchairs, though the motorized wheelchairs can be pretty speedy. Those people don't know how to drive those things though! I've been run over a few too many times. That doesn't piss me off...but it definitely hurts! My poor mangled toes.

Who or what is Mr. K?

I get SO ANGRY (inside) when slow people get in my way. But if they notice and say sorry, I immediately forgive them. However, the arseholes who don't apologise go straight on my list...

Quote: zooo @ 7th April 2017, 11:56 PM

I get SO ANGRY (inside) when slow people get in my way. But if they notice and say sorry, I immediately forgive them. However, the arseholes who don't apologise go straight on my list...

Just do what Mr Shearsmith does and shout "ZOMBIE!" at them if they don't notice/move.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
I need to start doing that.

Quote: zooo @ 8th April 2017, 12:07 AM

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud
I need to start doing that.

I almost have so many times. But so far I've managed to suppress the urge. I think even just imagining myself shouting Zombie in my head makes the slow-walking nuisance more bearable.

Quote: zooo @ 7th April 2017, 11:56 PM

I get SO ANGRY (inside) when slow people get in my way.

I call them bumblers and diagonalists (those who also have no spatial awareness, wandering slowly and aimlessly, but cut you up, which is when my shoulders become useful weapons) and they need to learn that every time they step outside their front door, the space around them belongs to all of us.

If I am walking along the street, my speed is similar to most, just like traffic on the road, so when I want to change lanes to go into a shop, I look behind me, and only when the coast is clear do I start to 'diagonal', because I know I won't cause a pile-up. Those who have no regard for other pavement users and just veer off without warning are a bloody menace, and if I accidentally on purpose bump into them and they are also looking down at their phone, I want them to drop and smash the damn thing on the ground.

They deserve everything they get until they learn not to be such selfish oxygen thieves.

I hate it when Italians use English. 'Il nostro TEAM ha raggiunto il TARGET tramite PERFORMANCE dello MANAEMENT...' What a fiasco.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th April 2017, 10:43 AM

I hate it when Italians use English. 'Il nostro TEAM ha raggiunto il TARGET tramite PERFORMANCE dello MANAEMENT...' What a fiasco.

What about brits who use English but shout it at italians in their accent? They should be shot on sight.

I spent many weeks a year there as I had a house in Umbria so witnessed it on a regular basis. I at least made an attempt at using their language which gave them a laugh at my expense, but at least broke down any barriers and earned a little respect.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th April 2017, 10:43 AM

Harry and Paul hilariously made use of this many years ago with their European/Geordie footballer.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 8th April 2017, 11:11 AM

What about brits who use English but shout it at italians in their accent? They should be shot on sight.

I spent many weeks a year there as I had a house in Umbria so witnessed it on a regular basis. I at least made an attempt at using their language which gave them a laugh at my expense, but at least broke down any barriers and earned a little respect.

Reminds me of a thing I read in the newspaper one time about a brit, shouting "Speak English!" at a someone on a train, and the person responded in English: "We're in Wales, and I was speaking Welsh..."

Xenophobia is a thing that pisses me off. Was that the point I was going for?

On a tangentially related note (I think my first comment was already only tangentially related, anyway) it bothers me a bit when French people get mad at visitors making an effort to speak French to them, and they get mad at their poor grammar/pronunciation and tell them to just speak English. Why discourage someone from putting in the effort and care to try and learn the language spoken in the country they're visiting? Surely the best way to learn a language is through immersion which kind of has to involve fumbling your way through conversations with native speakers. I'm sure not all French people are so snooty about that. Probably somewhat of a stereotype. But it's a reaction I remember hearing a lot of people who studied abroad in France when I was in college got a lot. Not just the best way to learn a language, but also an important factor in keeping other languages from dying out. It's sad to me when languages die. I think that's part of why I'm trying to teach myself Welsh. It's a beautiful language and I don't want it to die. (granted it's in a pretty healthy position, being mandatory in schools up to a certain age and whatnot. It's definitely the healthiest Celtic language left...though I think only 20-something percent of people in Wales even speak Welsh) Getting progressively more tangential. Woops.