Things that piss you off Page 1,703

The sound of people chewing or swallowing disgustsssss me. Also the sound of people brushing their teeth.
I only found out that it had that name (misophonia) a couple of weeks ago, and that it was quite common. It just makes me want to pull my own ears off, or punch a wall.

Although the sound of cats noisily eating or lapping up water is ADORABLE. So it's just humans.

Weirdly for me, cat mouth noises are fine, but dog mouth noises are very much not. Misophonics unite!

Oh, well basically everything dogs do is disgusting. ;)

*misophone high five*

Quote: zooo @ 12th March 2017, 4:14 PM

The sound of people chewing or swallowing disgustsssss me. Also the sound of people brushing their teeth.
I only found out that it had that name (misophonia) a couple of weeks ago, and that it was quite common. It just makes me want to pull my own ears off, or punch a wall.

Although the sound of cats noisily eating or lapping up water is ADORABLE. So it's just humans.

Hope you're not a fan of Norman Wisdom then because he was told off all his life about eating with his mouth open and he played on this by thinking it was a great joke to say "Do you like sea(e) food?" and when they said yes he would open his mouth wider and show them what he was masticating. Sick

Well, I USED to like Norman Wisdom...

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 12th March 2017, 3:30 PM

Things that piss me off include: the sound of someone chewing a banana, the sound of someone eating pasta...pretty much any and all mouth/chewing noises triggers an impulse in me to punch whoever is making them in the face (though I've managed to not actually hit anyone in years, and have only ever punched very close friends or family...which sounds awful, now that I think about it.) Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem. It's called 'misophonia' which literally means 'hatred of sound'. The sounds that trigger it can be different for different people, but loud chewing, and the clip clop of someone walking in flip flops seem to be pretty common ones. Weird, I know.

You could try sticking some wet lettuce in your ears. It seems to work at Rene's.

Quote: zooo @ 12th March 2017, 4:14 PM

What about them licking their arse?

Yep, still adorable!

Quote: Davida Grimes @ 12th March 2017, 3:30 PM

Things that piss me off include: the sound of someone chewing a banana, the sound of someone eating pasta...pretty much any and all mouth/chewing noises triggers an impulse in me to punch whoever is making them in the face (though I've managed to not actually hit anyone in years, and have only ever punched very close friends or family...which sounds awful, now that I think about it.) Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem. It's called 'misophonia' which literally means 'hatred of sound'. The sounds that trigger it can be different for different people, but loud chewing, and the clip clop of someone walking in flip flops seem to be pretty common ones. Weird, I know.

I'm afraid I'm guilty of not sayin' the g's at the ends of a lot of 'ing' words. Pretty much everybody where I live does that.

As long as you didn't vote for Trump (please, please, please say you didn't) you're a good wumman.

Don't start that Trump business again Jock

:P

Can't help it. We're all DOOMED.

:D

Quote: Will Cam @ 12th March 2017, 10:33 PM

Don't start that Trump business again Jock

:P

Yes please - no more! Or at least stop your tickling, tic-kle-ic-kle-ic-kle-ing.

Definitely definitely definitely did not vote for Trump. I'm only barely willing to self identify as an American at this point. My country is the worst.

I live on the west coast, the coast that kinda really wants to secede and become part of Canada but are too stoned and or lazy to actually make it happen. Fun times.

I would like to become part of Canada too.

Oh, hi Justin... Lovey Lovey

Possibly the only famous "Justin" I don't want to kick in the knackers.