Things that piss you off Page 1,702

Quote: fopdoodle @ 18th February 2017, 11:16 AM

. . . and FYI, I agree with whoever regardless of geography.

FYI >_<

Yes, but when the Scots start agreeing amongst themselves, we down here get worried that there might be a rising of the clans that will march south. :(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th February 2017, 2:27 PM

FYI >_<

Yes, but when the Scots start agreeing amongst themselves, we down here get worried that there might be a rising of the clans that will march south. :(

I wouldn't worry about that . . . we're far too busy reinforcing a stereotype . . .

Quote: fopdoodle @ 18th February 2017, 12:30 AM

People who can't pronounce the word 'nuclear' properly.

They say 'nucular' . . . but is not even a speech impediment as I'm sure they can successfully say the second syllable as a separate word altogether without sticking another 'u' in it.

Am I making myself perfectly cular?

Ridiculous.

Angry

People who drop the last G in a word.

Walkin' speakin' gesticulatin'.

How do they say Singing? Sin'in'? No! They say singin'? They can pronounce the first G why can't they pronounce the second one?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2017, 9:22 PM

People who drop the last G in a word.

Walkin' speakin' gesticulatin'.

How do they say Singing? Sin'in'? No! They say singin'? They can pronounce the first G why can't they pronounce the second one?

And people who add a K on the end of everything. Such as everythingk, somethingk, nothingk etc.

Also people who don't know the difference between woman and women.

Notice also, newsreaders(and others who should know better) pronounce the word SIXTH as SICTH.
Don't even get me started on on "febuary" or "could of".........

Quote: LoopyTheClown @ 19th February 2017, 10:08 PM

And people who add a K on the end of everything. Such as everythingk, somethingk, nothingk etc.

Also people who don't know the difference between woman and women.

My girlfriend from New Zealand couldn't actually say Women (Wimmin) and it always sounded like Woman.

Strange when you think that the difference in spelling is in the second syllable but the pronunciation is different in the first syllable.

Quote: paulted @ 19th February 2017, 10:25 PM

Notice also, newsreaders(and others who should know better) pronounce the word SIXTH as SICTH.
Don't even get me started on on "febuary" or "could of".........

"Could of" pisses me off soooo much. Also of course when you say something and they reply "Is it?"

We ain't f**king French N'est pas?

YES, YES, YES.All of these things piss me off. And there was me thinking I was just a grumpy old bastard.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th February 2017, 10:44 PM

My girlfriend from New Zealand couldn't actually say Women (Wimmin) and it always sounded like Woman.

Strange when you think that the difference in spelling is in the second syllable but the pronunciation is different in the first syllable.

"Could of" pisses me off soooo much. Also of course when you say something and they reply "Is it?"

We ain't f**king French N'est pas?

Sorry to hear you had a New Zealand girlfriend. ;)

Quote: fopdoodle @ 18th February 2017, 3:23 PM

I wouldn't worry about that . . . we're far too busy reinforcing a stereotype . . .

OOOHHHHH

People who make up words - words that don't exist except in their own heads.

I remember one particular morning talk show as the woman kept repeating it, unchallenged: "I don't think they were preparated, they weren't preparated'" etc. etc, when she obviously meant 'prepared'.

And - you can't just stick 'ness' on the end of any adjective to make it a noun.

:S

Quite unsubtleness?

"Snuck".

It was always "sneaked" in my day.

Not actually things but people.Melburnians in fact.
All us old folk around here have small houses and big gardens.
But they move in and want big houses and fill what little room that's left with a tennis court and swimming pool.A strip of plastic grass, a few ornamental succulents and voila!...nothing for the wild life to eat and nowhere for the birds to live.Bastards!

I am reading Pride and Prejudice. It is total and utter f**king shit. Who gives a f**k about some multimillionaire overpaid underworked old bitch and whether or not dear darling sweetie hubby really does love her? There are people starving in Africa. F**k you.

Things that piss me off include: the sound of someone chewing a banana, the sound of someone eating pasta...pretty much any and all mouth/chewing noises triggers an impulse in me to punch whoever is making them in the face (though I've managed to not actually hit anyone in years, and have only ever punched very close friends or family...which sounds awful, now that I think about it.) Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem. It's called 'misophonia' which literally means 'hatred of sound'. The sounds that trigger it can be different for different people, but loud chewing, and the clip clop of someone walking in flip flops seem to be pretty common ones. Weird, I know.

I'm afraid I'm guilty of not sayin' the g's at the ends of a lot of 'ing' words. Pretty much everybody where I live does that.