Things that piss you off Page 1,623

Quote: keewik @ 13th September 2015, 11:58 PM BST

F**king cocktail sticks! Why are they always in bloody insecure containers that spill them everywhere if they fall?

And I hate bloody rap with a vengeance - it destroys the music.

You drink COCKTAILS?

But you're Scotch!!!

I am a fan of the rap but if you're on about it ruining music then I agree in regards to it being tacked onto other things, especially ballads!

It should be a rap with a ballad not a ballad with a rap!

Anyway, rap is just poetry to a beat, most of the mainstream stuff you might hear day to day is just aimed at kids to annoy their parents, like others genres past. If you go beyond that, you may find some quite soulful stuff, it just may not be to your tastes.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th September 2015, 12:27 AM BST

You drink COCKTAILS?

But you're Scotch!!!

They're for her voodoo dolls.

F**king cocktail sticks! Why are they always in bloody insecure containers that spill them everywhere if they fall?

Used to have that problem, and they are great as tooth picks, which is all I buy them for really.

And totally endorse your second statement. Utter (C)rap.

Yeah I too think it's (c)rap that a movement away from gang related violence took place in the 1970's New York ghettos to encourage kids to redirect their frustrations of mistreatment by the people in power who abused them and their forefathers.

It's awful that they expressed themselves creatively, I mean surely they had expensive musical instruments such as violins and grand pianos to practice with? Why did they have to be so poor doing all that beatboxing n such?

Losers, right?

Go Lee, go Lee. *dances*

Quote: Lee @ 14th September 2015, 10:39 AM BST

Yeah I too think it's (c)rap that a movement away from gang related violence took place in the 1970's New York ghettos to encourage kids to redirect their frustrations of mistreatment by the people in power who abused them and their forefathers.

It's awful that they expressed themselves creatively, I mean surely they had expensive musical instruments such as violins and grand pianos to practice with? Why did they have to be so poor doing all that beatboxing n such?

Losers, right?

The roots are laudable, but that doesn't make it in anyway musical.

Apart from all the music and the dancing and the global popularity and the fact that is music.

We've reached the crossroads. ;)

Like all music - some is good some is terrible.

I do like some rap music but I'm a fogy and might be mistaking 'labels'.

Is Eminem a rapper because I like a lot of his stuff?

What I don't like are the bellends that pull up along side me at lights or junctions and their BOOM BOOM BOOM is shaking my car.

Eminem is a rapper because he raps.

There is hip-hop, which is more old-skool style rap but more to do with the associated dancing and beatboxing - this is where I believe the "soul" comes into rap.

Then there is gangster rap, which is more about being angry or bragging and associated with violence and other nasties. This is what gives it a bad name and where you will find bitches and hoes. I like some of this stuff but personally I find it so saturated these days, it has become boring. Whereas way back when, it was a contrast/alternative to hip-hop.

We have the builders in (no, it's not a euphemism ...) and they are driving me crazy at the moment. They're not too bad, but constantly changing the radio station over and making profane comments about substances spattered on the walls (yes, really) is rather annoying.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th September 2015, 2:09 PM BST

That.

What - even Milli Vanilli?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 14th September 2015, 2:10 PM BST

What - even Milli Vanilli?

They were funny.

Quote: Chappers @ 14th September 2015, 12:27 AM BST

You drink COCKTAILS?

But you're Scotch!!!

I don't think I've ever drunk a cocktail, but the sticks are good for:
1) sticking cherries in pieces of melon
2) Stabbing newly baked cakes to see if they're properly cooked