Things that piss you off Page 1,267

They played some clips of some of the crap she had to put up with on the radio here the other day. Sexism is definitely alive and well!

Quote: reds @ July 1 2013, 10:14 AM BST

How about the party select the best HUMAN for the job, regardless of their gender.

Definitely agree with that.

Quote: zooo @ July 1 2013, 11:05 AM BST

They played some clips of some of the crap she had to put up with on the radio here the other day. Sexism is definitely alive and well!

It is but I think perhaps it got to a point where whenever she was critisized the sexisim card came out, even though sometimes the critisism might have been justified becuase a human made a silly decision.

The radio thing wasreally rude and that dj has now been fired. In all the talk that went on about that incident after- it was all about how she should be apologised to. No one seemed to say that her partner also deserved an apology. It was rude but I don't know about sexisim. I'm not sure that if the PM was male and had a female partner who was say a plumber or truck driver they wouldn't have their relationship questioned also, even though it would be nobodies business.

No, that DJ thing was just generally rude, not necessarily sexist. What an arsehole he was. Can't imagine why he thought it would be a good idea to make himself sound like such a childish little prick in front of millions of people.

Quote: reds @ July 1 2013, 11:49 AM BST

I'm not sure that if the PM was male and had a female partner who was say a plumber or truck driver they wouldn't have their relationship questioned also, even though it would be nobodies business.

I think it depends more on the type of spouse they are if they get a lot of stick. Cherri Blair and Hilary Clinton had to put up with a lot of unfair criticism, possibly because they had the temerity to be career women. Likewise, Dennis Thatcher was regularly mocked for being a drunken lush.

Guff

TTPYO: The later broadcasting of extended versions of topical shows. If I want to hear the extended version, why do they have to make the gags that bit more out of date? In fact, does anyone here choose to miss the regular show and instead wait a few days for long one, or do you endure having to hear the entire regular show again, just to get the extra bits?

Back to the 'cans that need tin openers' topic

Ever tried to open a tin of sardines or mackerel in tomato sauce?
There is no way you can pull that lid right off without splatting fishy smelling tomato sauce everywhere.

I have had that problem with tins of tuna. Especially because you have to get all the water out before you use it. Bleh. So messy.

Quote: Nogget @ July 2 2013, 10:17 AM BST

TTPYO: The later broadcasting of extended versions of topical shows. If I want to hear the extended version, why do they have to make the gags that bit more out of date? In fact, does anyone here choose to miss the regular show and instead wait a few days for long one, or do you endure having to hear the entire regular show again, just to get the extra bits?

I usually wait for the longer one, if I remember to.

People who after paying for their purchase, spend forever reorganisng their wallets and deciding which of the four million bags they will put their purchase in, all the while holding up everyone else in the line behind them. I especially hate it when you then turn around and nearly knock me out with one of the many bags.

Zombies at cash machines!

I don't know if it's just me, but ever seen that film The Trueman Show. The bit where he tries to leave town and a thousand cars appear from nowhere and block his way.

That's me at a cash machine. I can guarantee that it will be empty and not a soul on sight when I pull up. As I walk to it, people come from anywhere and use it.

Oh and do they f**k about!

I stood behind a zombie yesterday that kept pressing the screen thinking it was a touch screen. He was pressing so hard on the glass it was distorting the screen. I said as patiently as I could ' you have to press the side buttons mate'
He turned round and we held eye contact for what seemed an eternity then he covered up the machine with his body and arms but I could see he was still pressing the glass.

He definitely heard me say 'for f**ks sake'

Was it a very young person? Maybe they can't remember when things had buttons.

Quote: reds @ July 2 2013, 12:00 PM BST

Was it a very young person? Maybe they can't remember when things had buttons.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ July 2 2013, 11:21 AM BST

Zombies at cash machines!

I don't know if it's just me, but ever seen that film The Trueman Show. The bit where he tries to leave town and a thousand cars appear from nowhere and block his way.

That's me at a cash machine. I can guarantee that it will be empty and not a soul on sight when I pull up. As I walk to it, people come from anywhere and use it.

Oh and do they f**k about!

I stood behind a zombie yesterday that kept pressing the screen thinking it was a touch screen. He was pressing so hard on the glass it was distorting the screen. I said as patiently as I could ' you have to press the side buttons mate'
He turned round and we held eye contact for what seemed an eternity then he covered up the machine with his body and arms but I could see he was still pressing the glass.

He definitely heard me say 'for f**ks sake'

You should have Shallow Graved him.

Tv channels who leave a hashtag on the bottom of the screen, with the shows title.
#itsannoyingIknowwhatimwatching

Quote: reds @ July 4 2013, 11:48 AM BST

Tv channels who leave a hashtag on the bottom of the screen, with the shows title.
#itsannoyingIknowwhatimwatching

Laughing out loud