Things that piss you off Page 1,068

Quote: dellas @ August 7 2012, 7:41 AM BST

Depressed, just learned ex husband is going to benefit from an 'Endowment Policy we took out 30 years ago- I cannot touch the proceeds, totally in HIS name, really tearful and cross Sick Teary

That's rotten.

Trouble is, at the time of starting these things, you can't imagine a time when it would be an issue - and to insist on things being in both names almost seems like an expression of doubt in the relationship.
Really tricky.

Aw man, that's poops. Did the decree absolute not contain any contingency for funds obtained afterwards in relation to assets owned previously? I know some do. But if the house wasn't part of the settlement, I would doubt it.

That's definitely Poops McGee.

Nat, the house became mine as 'full and final settlement' so No maintainance for me and kids. I thought that would give him the chance for a 'new life' and He would help us out when He could- Never happened! He would'nt buy the kids a pair of school shoes.

Anyway; it has rocked my boat in a bad way Teary

Also thanks Lazzard :S

Quote: dellas @ August 7 2012, 12:47 PM BST

Anyway; it has rocked my boat in a bad way Teary

Don't feel too down dellas, from what I understand you have a new bloke, the house, the kids and you can afford decent holidays. You're better off then lots of other people in this world, so maybe you could count your blessings instead of dwelling on some bit of cash from 30 years ago.

R.C. silver linings are my speciality. :)

:) Thanks RC! agree a bit.

Pressure. :(

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 8 2012, 12:48 PM BST

Pressure. :(

Breathe out slowly on the way up and you will be OK.

Cool

Just had to report my debit card as lost, even though it's probably here. I used it last yesterday at the vet's and shoved it in my pocket with the receipts. It may have fallen out of my pocket on the way home, as I can't find the receipts either.

So that pissed me off loads as I'm pretty sure it's hiding here. But then the very helpful guy at the bank sorted it all out and then proceeded to try and get me to take out a credit card with all his charming talk.
You call for one thing and they try to sell you stuff! Angry

Ha, cheeky buggers.

Did you call the vet's to make sure you didn't drop it there?

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2012, 7:17 PM BST

Ha, cheeky buggers.

Did you call the vet's to make sure you didn't drop it there?

No, I remember checking my pockets half way home and it was there at that point. It may have fallen but I have a sort of memory of taking it out with the receipts and putting it somewhere "safe". I think I do, at least. The more I think about it the more it fades. Huh?

So I got fed up with checking and reported it lost.

I reckon your dog nicked it to buy biscuits online.

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2012, 7:40 PM BST

I reckon your dog nicked it to buy biscuits online.

Laughing out loud

Wouldn't surprise me, only gave her the complete dry food this morning which she turned her nose at - only to go in the kitchen just then and eat it, whilst looking at me pleadingly.

So bloody sick of the cult of the glottal stop. If you're being interviewed on TV, have the courtesy to sound the 't' so we can understand you.

TTPYO: that programme in the week about Stock, Aitken and Waterman, which portrayed them as being somehow important, instead of what they really were, a total blight on music, responsible for some of the most horribly commercial pap ever known to mankind. Brother Beyond, anyone? Sick

Especially For Youuuuuuuuuuu.

They certainly weren't important. But they were quite fun. (Well, if you were very young in the 80s.)