The Sitcom Project: Devil's Blurb

Title kinda gave it away but With a count of 4 to 3 Devils Blurb has just taken the victory as Group Sitcom project or as I like to call it Project “S”. We did have one no vote but the cut off was 7.30 so sorry Croydesponger if your with us. Ok I organised everyone into little teams and assigned them episodes so here goes:

charley rance

Writer – EPISODE 1, EPISODE 2

Croydesponger (Gavin)
Writer - EPISODE 2, EPISODE 6

Scott Evans

Writer – EPISODE 1, EPISODE 3

earman2009

Writer - EPISODE 3, EPISODE 6

David Chapman

Writer - EPISODE 4, EPISODE 6

Baumski

Writer - EPISODE 1, EPISODE 4

Martin Holmes

Writer– EPISODE 5, EPISODE 6

Leevil

Writer – EPISODE 1, EPISODE 5

SlagA

Script Editor

EPISODES 1, 3, 5

swerytd

Script Editor

EPISODES 2, 4, 6

Writing Teams

Let me explain the reasoning behind this guys, ok I was thinking that we need strong start, strong end. Everyone has been given a major point of the show to work on (beginning or end). I’m not bothered how you arrange yourselves or communicate between teams email pm messenger etc…. but I want each team to go away come up with a very brief synopsis of their Episode (paragraph length) then bring them back and present them to group we’ll look at them as group and give comments etc.
We will do synopsis for Episode 1 & 6 first so we know were we are going and were we have come from.

Goals - these are guide and I accept any input into them

- Create Treatment (Brainstorming time) all writers – by 4.30pm 22nd April
- Writing Teams create Synopsis for Episode 1 & 6 Respectively – by 27th April
- Group meeting discuss the synopsis and finalise Synopsis Episodes 1 & 6 - by 29th April

Any comments ideas any thing to add? Am I being a lunatic megalomaniac? I’ve tried to organize everything fairly but this is still a group thing so any feedback is always welcome

The Brief

Due to the ever increasing population the soul collection business has become very lucrative. "Dev Elson” has worked in the soul collecting business for 5 years since he was killed in a freak accident with a letter tidy.
Hell is full of gigantic drooling soul starving beasts I hear you cry, the quality of the collection staff was never in question but their lack of ability to fill in the necessary paper work post soul collection made assigning the soul almost impossible. Not always the creatures fault it’s very difficult to fill out a SCV.23a form with out any fingers. So the job was source out.

Due to office politics Soul collecting agencies must employ one good to one evil to keep a fair balance of collecting. He has soul targets to reach. A soul can not be taken from the young (under 21) and only from sound of mind.

Points are worked out on a potential clients status for example, a homeless drunk would equate to 12 points were as a t a royal works out approximately 100 points.

Most importantly a soul has to come to you first. The secret to the new generation of soul collection is marketing. Dev has been given an office, a home and 3 co workers to help him. All on the Devils payroll, Dev Elson answers to Elza Bob. She is his manager and very proud that she is only 59 tiers from direct commands from the BOSS!!! And this has gone completely to her head.

Just like in life there are lawyers who work for both sides.
The prosecution HELL
The Defence HEAVEN.

All contracts must be signed sealed and delivered by a specific time or Dev Elson fails.

CONTRACTS MUST BE LEGALY BINDING OR VOID.

DEV ELSON MUST NOT FAIL HIS TASK.

Everything seems okay to me. So we don't have to scan through the nine pages of the original thread, can we have summary of what Devil's Blurb is about? I actually can't remember.

Nice one Gavin, you're off to a flying start.

Cool. Well done Gavin.

Well Earmoan 2009 as its a group project a summary of the Devils Blurb could be anything. Maybe we should all put in a brief summary and vote for the best one. Gavin has set up a Brief on the opening thread. I was very vague with the brief I suppose.

PS.

If someone could do a rough template of how you want the sketches, episodes set out that would be brilliant. I dont want to go off on one and get it all arse about tits & get shouted at till i cry. LOL

This is a first for me in a group so please be patient with me. I need teaching. I can write but want to make sure it is readable for the editors. Also RULES!! You must give me them if there are any.(How can i break them if i dont know what they are). Just jesting there. Seriously though Rules please. I want to be on my best behaviour, not on the naughty chair like I was in school.

Fankoo. :S Wave

How about setting up some more threads for each team, I think using real time service is out of the question for a lot of us, although I could be wrong?

If one of the big wigs is reading this, would it be possible for us to have our own little section like TSP, so we don't clutter up the main boards?

Okay decision made, excellent so now we can move to the next stage. This is the first time I've seen one of these projects organised properly so its off to a healthy start. Got a manic day today but I will catch up very soon later

Should each team set up their own thread to communicate on so that we can keep a track of discussions. So each thread would be titled: Sitcom Project: Devils Blurb: Team A

Gavin

Excellent work, mate. You'll make a dictator yet ;)

I think Leevil and Scott's ideas of threads for each idea is a better 'filing system' for future references so all (episodic) decisions are kept in a single place of reference (rather than all over with PM's/emails as not everyone would be copied in.

Charley

Quote: charley rance @ April 19, 2007, 9:01 PM

I can write but want to make sure it is readable for the editors.

Don't worry. I don't think there are two more anal people on this board than SlagA and me :) You'll soon have the format down to a perfect art-form. Awahahahahah! </megalomaniacal laughter>

Dan

Yep, have a look at the suggested layout in the Sketch Project subgroup here.

If it's laid out like that, no probs. :D

I will be uploading some PDF's with layouts on the weekend if anyone needs them. I'm not sure about rules Charley...I will have a think :D

Actually changing what I said earlier, instead of team A B C etc, it would be more neater since not everyone are working on same episodes, to have six threads, each dedicated to each episode creative production.

So we would need the following threads created

Sitcom Project: Devils Blurb: Episode 1
Sitcom Project: Devils Blurb: Episode 2
Sitcom Project: Devils Blurb: Episode 3
Sitcom Project: Devils Blurb: Episode 4
Sitcom Project: Devils Blurb: Episode 5
Sitcom Project: Devils Blurb: Episode 6

Obviously before we spilt in these teams we need to discuss on this thread who are the characters of the show and what is the master storyline. This thread we will continue to discuss the overall nature and rules of the show so when we do divide off we are all working towards the same masterplan.

I have Pm'd Aaron so everything is in hand as it were :D I also have asked for a treatment section were we can do all that and discuss characters and other items about the world etc.

Charley, I think each member of the group should be assigned jobs. For example, only one person can write the presented script, there's no point in all of us doing it. Another can write the synopsis. And another can write character profiles or whatever other jobs need doing.

Of course they'll all be a group effort, but we only need one person to physically write and present.

So don't worry too much about presentation.

Does that make sense?

It is up to each team how they organise themselves as to the writng of the episodes but that is getting a bit ahead of our selves we dont have a completed Premis/ Treatment yet so lets get on and start looking at that.

Any thoughts on the current brief areas for improvement any thing you want added taken away. We are dilibertly vague on the other characters lets all ship some ideas in for them I was thinking have a new girl to ease viewer in so they are seeing it through new girls eyes. Lets relly get on with getting this done then we can move on

Having been drafted in very late, and while happily being involved in script production and development, what I don't have is time to commit to actual episode writing. Sorry if this creates problems.

I agree with Gavin idea about having a new person joining the team so you can be introduced to the characters through their experience

Has any main characters or plot line been proposed yet or thought of by the person who came up with this idea?